Roku 4 - Cycles "Loading, Please Wait" every 30-60 seconds

@Dan_Cooper - 5 minutes is more than enough but just give each piece enough time to complete its reboot cycle and get back up on the network.

Quick test of recordings at max resolution I mentioned above:

All recordings playable on most severe test media player (Roku stick with 6.2 firmware) with just an occasional ā€œLoadingā€¦Please Waitā€. Message. Incredible video resolution on 70" TV.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I did the network, Tablo, Roku reboot and still have the issue. Iā€™ve been using the Tablo Preview app and have been experiencing the issue with LiveTV. I just tried the normal app and havenā€™t seen the problem yet.

Apple 3TB TimeCapsule 802.11ac - firmware 7.7.3
4 Tuner Tablo - firmware 2.2.6
Roku 4
Everything is hardwired.

Iā€™ve got that Beatles tune stuck in my head now ā€¦ Yes, I think itā€™s getting betterā€¦Getting better, all the timeā€¦

DoDah DoDah

Oddly enough, my Roku 4 works better wirelessly with the Roku Tablo Preview app.

1 Like

I just tried with switching to wireless and it was worse.

I will say my problem isnā€™t as bad as others. Or as Iā€™m saying thisā€¦its repeating over and over again. :smile:

Some more info on thisā€¦at least for me.

It seems the issue is more frequent with a show recorded on CBS. Iā€™ll try a new episode, maybe itā€™s something recorded with 2.2.2 vs 2.2.6? But others are saying itā€™s also happening on live tv.

Itā€™s really really bad lately. If it is the firmware, can we have a way to roll back?

No problems now for 5+ days on the Roku 3. Itā€™s perfect. No hickups or reloads during live and recorded.

On the roku 4, non-stop loading and re-loading during live AND recorded. --> clearly something is up with the Roku 4 (and maybe itā€™s due to firmware, but not convinced).

Even during pause and resume and fast-forward + resume, it takes longer to load up the ā€œframeā€.

Currently, the Roku 4 is almost unusable and itā€™s definitely frustrating as hell trying to watch anything on it. We have unplugged it here and have plugged back in an older Roku 3.

If not already, try using the Roku 4 wirelessly.
Hardwired is causing lots of reloading issues for me using the Roku Tablo Preview app.
I know, it should be the other way around, and hope Roku will fix it in a firmware update soon.

Iā€™m currently watching 14-1 in Austin, TX which is showing HS Football. I have Max recording quality set at 8. The reason I chose this station is it is 1080 and live sports seem to give more problems than anything else. No problems yet. See my icon for setup. This is on my Roku 4.

I tried wifi already - it reloads every 2-3 seconds. Itā€™s actually unwatchable on wifi. This is on N (150Mb/s). (getting an AC AP soon so will try again).

Here is a video:
http://www.filedropper.com/roku4-tablo-bug

It has 3 re-loads 1 minute and 21 seconds ā€“ which is about the norm.

First hickup: 17-19 seconds time frame
Second hickup: 57-59 seconds time frame
Third hickup: 1:18-1:19 seconds time frame (at the end)

@TabloSupport - what is going on? How can we fix this.
Iā€™ve rebooted router + switch, Iā€™ve reset the Tablo (by unplugging and by holding reset on the back). Iā€™ve rebooted the Roku 4. I"ve formated the Roku 4 and have re-installed the app. Iā€™ve tried the non-preview app.

It works PERFECTLY on the Roku 3.

I actually have more issues with wireless. The Roku 4 is 6 ft away from my router. I will say, my issue isnā€™t nearly as bad as some of the others, but it sure would be nice to have a fix.

I just got my Tablo (4-tuner) and Roku 4 and updated all the firmwares/apps and now Iā€™m having this exact issue with live and recorded content. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? Was hoping to cancel my cable at the end of the week, but it looks like Iā€™ll have to wait another month.

My configuration:
Tablo 4 tuner - 2.2.6 firmware, ethernet, WD Elements USB HDD
Roku 4 - 7.0 firmware, ethernet (same switch as Tablo)

Team Tablo: any update or progress on identifying root cause to this issue? Anyway to downgrade firmware until this is fixed?

This issue is very difficult to diagnose. The ā€˜loading please waitā€™ is actually a message that Roku sends when there are problems on the network.

I would suggest touching base with Tablo Support so they can walk you through some potential troubleshooting solutions: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

AC probably wonā€™t make a difference. It seems to be worse on faster network connections. I have the problem the most on GB wired. N speed (most Roku 3 supports) WiFi reduces it but does not eliminate it. The only thing I have found to get rid of it is dropping to the 5Mbps recording setting.

For me this issue started the day 2.2.2 hit my Tablo and has continued in 2.2.6. Prior to that firmware, the old 1080 (8Mbps) setting worked flawlessly.

As suggested, open a support ticket. The more of these they can look at, the more likely weā€™ll get a fix.

@TabloTV - is there a way to downgrade to the original firmware?

Opened an actual Ticket w/ Support.

Here is the bug video ā€“ the 1st site removed it for some reason:
http://www.filedropper.com/roku4-tablo-bug

Itā€™s an .MOV taken with a phone.

Found a solution to this problem. I made these changes to my wifi (same device as the router), and it has not happened since (even though Roku 4 is plugged via ethernet):

• Bluetooth Coexistence -> changed from ā€œEnabledā€ to ā€œDisabledā€
  • 802.11n Preamble -> changed from ā€œGreen Fieldā€ to ā€œMixed Modeā€
  • WMM -> changed from ā€œAutoā€ to ā€œEnabledā€
    ** No ACK -> Disable
    ** APSD Mode -> Enable

@ventz - Thanks for sharing. Iā€™ve passed this along to the team. Keep us posted on how this solution works for you.