Roku 2 ver 6.1 FUBAR 1/6/15 ***FIXED by new Roku update 1/7/15***

Roku 2 and 2xs both did a software update (to ver 6.1) this evening and now won't talk to Tablo.  Error is "Unable to find your Tablo. Please make sure your Tablo is on the same network as your Roku."  Roku 2xs is hardwired & 2 is wireless.  Both show up as devices connected to my router.

Roku stick did not update and is working fine.  I have spent the evening chasing a network problem that doesn't exist!  WTF!  Anybody know anything about this?

I have exactly the same problem since the update this afternoon at 3.01 PM PST.

Roku 3 with Quad tuner Tablo. My Roku can’t find my Tablo. Other devices on my network including another Roku 3 seem fine.

I’ve tried various permutations of resets of router, Tablo and Roku. Tried a factory reset for Roku. Deleted and re-installed the app. Also used a fixed IP address. No difference.

Opened up a ticket with Tablo … hopefully they can help.

Tried to get on chat support with Roku.  I was #65 with a 35 min wait.  I think they know there’s a problem.

Off topic, but the new update for the Android web app made the app lose its pairing, had to re-pair it on the WiFi.

My Roku 3 is at 5.6 build 60… How did you get a 6.1 version???

I even did a check and there is no update available.

And Tablo works fine.

The Roku 2's did the update automatically. 

Are you a developer by chance???

Nope

found this too http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/938/new-error-unable-to-find-you-tablo

I understand rolling out slow, but wow

Just a shot in the dark, but the Roku V6.1 firmware dropped SSLv3 support (here’s the link).  I am not familiar with the technical details of Tablo operation, or if SSLv3 is even used.  @TabloSupport, anything to worry about?

@Grandy @mbellaire @Jestep

We’ve had a few reports of this happening this morning. Seems like the update rolled out to quite a few folks yesterday. We’re trying to get a Roku updated here now to reproduce this issue and figure out what’s going on - I’ll post an update here as soon as we have more information!

Ladies love Tablo too! 

@TabloChris, I would like to know what is in 6.1 also I am still 5.6 too

Three things:
1 - Just got an update to the Roku Tablo App - which I'll bet is a fix to the Roku 6.1 update issues

2 - My three (3) Roku 3s are all at version 5.6 (checked for updates, and nothing waiting)

3 - Can anyone who received Roku 6.1 tell me (us) what has changed/improved? (There is NO info on Roku 6.1 via Google, which I find really odd)

Aside from it not working with Tablo, I see different menu structure. My Channels is gone replaced with Home. A couple of other things like that. I’ll take pics and send them to you.

Aside from it not working with Tablo, I see different menu structure. My Channels is gone replaced with Home. A couple of other things like that. I'll take pics and send them to you.

Thanks.  I received a Tablo App update for my Rokus when I checked for Updates in My Settings.  

Did you get this and did it fix the 6.1 not working with Tablo issue?

I sent pics of the 2 menus to support@tablotv.com

I will check when I get home again. You’re working late tonight. : )

I will check when I get home again. You're working late tonight. : )

Hi @Grandy…I’m not an employee, that’s just my forum name…just a customer like you!  I think I need to register another account to avoid that confusion in the future.  

Still would love to see what Roku 6.1 is all about as I have 3 Roku 3s running.