Rewind/FF not working while recording live tv on Roku Ultra

The router reboot worked. Thank you.

I still can’t figure out why the Roku tv allows FF/rewind while recording yet the Roku Ultra does not.

My Roku Ultra does.

Is this the same behavior whether you click on the show from the guide or the recording?

From other posts I’ve read isn’t this a known issue that FF/RW does not work during the recording?

1 Like

I have not tried clicking on it from the guide. I typically go to library - recent recordings but I will try it from the guide in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion.

FF/RW works during the recording on my Roku TV. It does not work on the Roku Ultra.

I was actually thinking the opposite… that you were going from the guide and couldn’t go back. I can only go back to where I started watching from in the Guide, so this will probably not be the answer you’re looking for.

I don’t watch in-progress recordings but had some weird behavior I’m trying to sort out so I’m doing a bunch of test ATM.

Interesting. I wonder what’s different between your Roku Ultra and mine. Are you accessing the show from the guide or from the recent recordings library?

When I go to recent recordings in the library to start watching the show it will start from the very beginning of the show. This is on the Roku TV. I can FF/RW and when I pause it to move to the room where the Roku Ultra is the recording will pick up where I left off in the other room but it puts the “live” dot in the bottom right corner of the screen when I try to FF/RW. The only way to be able to move around is to stop the live recording.

I hope you figure out your weird behavior. It’s just annoying when things don’t make sense. LOL!

What about stopping and backing out, then picking it up?

And TY… my odd behavior was I went into an in-progress by accident, backed out. Waited until it was done, but instead of it continuing where I backed out, it continued from the actual time of when I went in the first time – 18min in (all through the library>recordings menu).

I hope you got your problem solved.
Regarding my issue, I can’t do anything while the show is recording. I can’t stop, pause or do anything other than go out of the recording. I have to stop the live recording if I want to FF/Rewind. This is only on the Roku Ultra. My Roku TV behaves as it should. I hope someday to figure it out.