(Resolved) Device Connection Issues

A whole lot depends on what devices are being used for the TV end, what’s controlling things - what sort of device but in some scenarios It’s where the Tablo is using your Wi-Fi bandwidth to stream to the network, then from a network device such as router to the device plugged into the TV’s HDMI port. The show has to stream over Wi-Fi To the network and then again FROM the network. At least with an Ethernet cable between Tablo and switch or router, the only time it’s traversing the wireless or Wi-Fi is in the end, it got to the network on a wire. The fewer devices taxing the Wi-Fi at the same time the better, especially for a typical home system. Obviously “it depends” on a lot of other factors, what devices are controlling the Tablo, is there a “go-between”…

MOCA adapters can be an option if the electrical wiring is inadequate. 

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=MOCA&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

These DirecTV adapters are essentially MOCA adapters. They work really well and are cheaper. You can use any Ethernet devices at each end, they don’t have to be DirecTV products (i.e. a router and a Tablo)

Update:  I decided to purchase a new router.  TP-Link Archer C5.  All connection issues have been solved :smiley:  And Tablo loads much faster now too!  Blame it on the old router.

@brunning

Glad to hear the new router worked for you - that’s a great router. What was the make and model of your old router?

Belkin N150 that was at least 4 or 5 years old.  Wasn’t made to handle the greatness of Tablo  B-)

N150 is just the speed of 150 Mbps for a wireless N connection. Do you have the actual model number? Just for reference just in case others have similar problems.

Is your Tablo still connected wirelessly to the new router? If so, do you have it on the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band?

I will check on the exact model number shortly.  

Yes, Tablo is connected wirelessly to my new router on the 5 GHz band.  Tablo and Roku on 5 GHz, everything else on 2.4 GHz.  100% perfection with my connection so far, as well as streaming quality.

Final question, what recording quality is your Tablo set at? 1080p, 720p, or 720p Roku / Chromecast setting?

Old router:  Belkin N150  Model #: F9K1001v1

With the old router, the best setting I could get reliable streaming for Live TV on my Roku 3 at was 720p Roku/Chromecast.  

With the Archer C5, started off with the same setting, things were perfect, so I bumped it up to 720p, still perfection.  Can’t test 1080p - my TV is 720p.
Belkin N150 that was at least 4 or 5 years old.  Wasn't made to handle the greatness of Tablo  B-)

That made me chuckle :slight_smile:  Glad your issues are resolved! 

Belkin N150 that was at least 4 or 5 years old.  Wasn't made to handle the greatness of Tablo  B-)

LOL - love it. That’s a great marketing message.