Replacing Tablo QUAD HD with a larger HD

I want to put an new HD in my Tablo QUAD. Can I copy recorded shows to the new HD.

There are lots of posts on this topic; the short answer is that you can’t do this on the Tablo itself, but you can, not supported by Tablo, by attaching it to a computer with the appropriate support for the EXT4 file system, and copying over the files to the new drive. There is a specific process you must follow to do this, which involves saving the in memory program database to the hard drive.

I agree with @billm, just search the forum. I might suggest you start with following topic.

Check out the 6th post on this topic for a step-by-step process.

Important step, I believe they all mention, is to allow the tablo to first format the new drive - then copy.
It may seem more of a hassle with an internal drive - but necessary. Unless you’re using a cloning process of course.

If you’re lacking hardware to swap around internal drives there is a backup script. Backup-tablo.sh - Backup all recorded shows from a Tablo You could use that to backup your “old” drive and restore it to your “new” drive.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.