Remote playback of recordings now fail

Using firestick tablo app. Now it times out and tells me signal is bad, which is wrong, of course. Oddly, I can play live TV, I was able to play 1 old recording but not another. I assume it is a firestick tablo app bug. I also found I can sometimes hit fast forward and see the forwarding frame images before it finally times out and tells me my reception is bad.
I can run this from my Android phone. My tablet just sits there syncing forever, more than 12 hrs at the moment.
Yes, android support is not very stable. Rebooted fire stick and would reinstall tablo app if I could reconnect remotely, but for some reason, tablo doesn’t want us to easily reconnect remotely.
I just give up until I can get the fire stick back home, delete the tablo app, reinstall and connect? Yes, stupid, but what choice has tablo given me?
A fix?

I was having the exact same problem on 2 firesticks but not the 3rd one.

Found out that apparently the 2 that don’t work are 2nd gen firesticks and although they used to work they don’t now.

So I bought 2 new 4K firesticks and that solved the problem.

There’s an app called Informer. You can download it and run it to find out what firestick(s) you have.

Hope this helps.

PS

Informer is a fire tv app, download it and run it on your firestick.

Before I figured out the problem was planned obsolescence I uninstalled the Tablo app, reinstalled it and repaired the device. It didn’t do any good.

And, I also have a fire tv with the same problem. I’m not buying another fire tv so that ones is going to stay broken. I could hook up the 4K firestick to the fire tv if I really wanted to watch recordings on it, which I don’t.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.