Remote Connection to Tablo Web App

We installed a Table recently. A family member is out of the country and has never connected to the Tablo while on our network. How do they connect using a Mac and Safari? Do yo have to connect first inside our network?

You have to pair it on your network first then you can connect out side of your home network

Well so much for Tablo being accessible outside the house. It’s not possible to get the computer here from China. Seems like a wonky way to connect. Wish I knew that a couple weeks ago.

https://www.tablotv.com/out-of-home-streaming/

Supported devices must be synced with your Tablo on its home network before departure.

1 Like

If you can set up a VPN between the remote computer and your home network, that user can pair with your Tablo.

Thank you. I’ve looked into that. Though my router supports VPN connections, getting things setup on the remote computer would be tough. This “feature” of Tablo is odd, to say the least.

Also, if you run Plex in your home network (which has Tablo locally), you can run the Plex Tablo app on the remote computer and get some of the functionality through remote Plex log-in.

FYI, the easiest setup I’ve found for remote connection is with a Fire or Roku stick which you can connect with at home and then ship to the remote location for hookup on a monitor/TV via HDMI.

Roku is not compatible with Tablo Connect (remote viewing).

Still

Absolutely right. Sorry for the mistake - typed too fast to think through. One of the reasons we switched over to the Fire Stick which has worked in many venues on the road.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll investigate Plex. I might be able to run that.

It seems like there should be files that could be copied from a computer that has synced with Tablo to the remote computer. What happens if you are remote with a computer that was previously synced on the network with the Tablo and lose the settings? No need to answer, probably just a rant.