Record by season

The Tablo guide does a great job of showing scheduled episodes by season. It would be helpful to limit recordings of non “new” episodes to only a single season, or by default all seasons.

1 Like

Hrm…

What’s the use case for this?

Are you trying to say, only record older episodes of a particular season of Simpsons episodes?

Yes, that’s what he’s saying, and I would love this new feature, as well.

Example…
I watched seasons 1 thru 3 of a series a long time ago.
Got busy, and never watched season 4, which are considered old episodes now.
Season 5 episodes are currently considered new episodes now.
I want to record season 4 without selecting record all.

I’m transitioning from my old DVR to Tablo. I have about half of the current season of several shows yet to watch, so I figured I’d start recording them in reruns over the summer. Unfortunately, if I choose “record all”, I’ll get a fair number of really old episodes that I’m not interested in. I’ve narrowed this down by setting the recording to only be on the primary network channel, but even there I see 3-4 old episodes a week at various odd times.

I initially thought that I would want a timer based recording, but after seeing the episodes arranged by season, it occurred to me that choosing a specific program and season would be exactly what I would want.

Gotcha!

That’s a super cool suggestion! Will definitely pass it along to the team!

Agreed, add me to the list. My use case is the show “American Dad” (No judging please)… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

They show the “New Season” on one of those cable channels I don’t get, but they show the previous season over the air on CW…

Right now I have it set to record ALL, since last season isn’t technically NEW.

It IS NEW to OTA but not NEW on its own.

But of course this means I grab a LOT more than just last season.

On a similar note, would love to be able to delete by season as well, for the exact same reason…

Bumping this cause this still isn’t a feature on the 4th Gen

Would greatly love to have this for super long running shows, for example, I love watching Shark Tank. I can’t just say “Record All” cause there’s currently 15 seasons and I’ve seen every episode of 13 and 7 so it would be pointless to even bother to record those episodes as they would just waste space and probably cause conflicts and lead to tons of work manually cancelling or deleting extra recordings. On the other hand, I can’t just say “Record New” cause then I would never get any of the older seasons watched.

This feature would solve that, I could just select as a Series Recording option to “ignore seasons” and then type out the numbers 13 and 7 (and then eventually add on more as I work my way through the backlog). Alternatively, you could also do a “include seasons” instead to do the inverse, a whitelist instead of a blacklist. Then once I finally catch up and have seen all episodes, I can switch my series recording to Only New.