Reception of PBS channel 10 in Salem

I was receiving OPB channel 10 the Portland PBS Station here in Salem with no problems using an FM radio dipole wire antenna strung up on my deck with a coaxial cable with signal amplifier attached. We’re on a hill that can “see” Portland to the north at our location. About Tuesday, Sept. 1, channel 10 suddenly dropped out. All other channels…2.6.8 and 12 are still received as usual. Rescanning repeatedly, moving the antenna around, etc. didn’t help. NO CHANNEL 10! I need PBS and want to resolve this. Did OPB change their setup and not tell about it. Anyone else having this odd problem. Do I have to buy a “Real” antenna? Is it something to do with the VHF/UHF problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated. :shushing_face:

Did try some Google searching. I do assume the full call letters are KOPB. I don’t see any information on their web site: https://www.opb.org/

Tried searching for any current bandscan sites (where people show continuous signal strengths). Do you have any neighbors or anyone who use an antenna to see if they are also having problems? From Wikipedia, they actually transmit on RF 10, which is VHF-Hi.

If you are still having problems, you can ask on their help page: OPB Help

KOPB-TV technical issues.

1 Like