Recently unable to connect to my wifi

I am no longer able to use my Tablo with ANY app: AppleTV, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and windows. I purchased a refurbished Tablo and the results are the same. I’ve tried everything, including calls to Tablo tech support, with no results. Could this have something to do with a recent Cox Cable update in my area?

Please provide more information.
Did you check to make sure your Tablo is connected to your network?
Is the Tablo connect by WiFi or a cable to your router?
Was it working before?
Does the Tablo show any blinking lights?

Any additional information would be helpful.

Maybe, but probably not although it’s possible… This is so vague and ambiguous even though you likely believe it informative.

What was updated? Equipment in your house? Cox Cable transmission equipment? Software/firmware update? Which area received this update?

The same as … ? Is the a 2 tablo household?

Please provide more information.
Did you check to make sure your Tablo is connected to your network?
Yes.

Is the Tablo connect by WiFi or a cable to your router?
I tried both. Neither worked.

Was it working before?
Yes. It worked one day but not the next.

Does the Tablo show any blinking lights?
No.

This is so vague and ambiguous even though you likely believe it informative.
You need not be rude. Let’s stay civil. If you don’t wish to respond, feel free not to.

What was updated?
My internet cable speed. Cox didn’t provide details.
Here’s what the Cox email said:
Your Cox Internet upload speed has increased 67%. You don’t have to do a thing. We’ve already reset your modem for the added speed.
Then my Tablo problems started. It could be coincidence. I’m just asking.

Equipment in your house?
Netgear modem. No change. I already had an 18 month old Tablo that worked until the Cox speed update. I purchased a refurbished Tablo but it has the same problems.

Software/firmware update?
Not that I’m aware of.
Which area received this update?
NA

I already had an 18 month old Tablo that worked until the Cox speed update. The 18 month old Tablo replaced a five year old Tablo that finally wore out. I purchased a newly refurbished Tablo but it has the same problems as the 18 month old Tablo.

What exactly are the symptoms that “it doesn’t work”? Apps don’t see the Tablo units? Shows won’t play? Something else?

If the Tablo is hardwired ethernet to the router, have you tried both Wifi and ethernet connected clients?

Have you rebooted the modem, then the router, then the Tablo units, in that order?

Wasn’t meant to be rude, just a point. Need specifics with looking for tech answers

This isn’t a direct answer. You went through the WiFi setup, then connecting to your network - nothing?

Seems less likely changing speed should have an impact. Yet it’s a software/setting change and likely reset their device. Is the “Netgear modem” yours? or the one Cox reset? …asking if you have 2 modems and which one is the router / wireless AP and who controls or configures one or the other.

You like IOS devices… then windows. How / what did you use on your Windows PC? Have you tried a browser at my.tablotv.com? or just via the Windows App?

We honestly should have asked this first but have you rebooted your router, Tablo, and cable modem? Also reboot any streaming device you may be using. This clears up a lot of strange network issues.

There is a post referencing 2 tablo URL.

Try accessing the first URL from a web browser.
Does it bring up your Tablo?

Next try the second URL. DO NOT POST THE RESULTS! Some of it should be kept private. No one else should see your Public IP.

1. What are the numbers in the server version up to rc?
  2. Let us know when it says your Tablo was Last seen.
  3. See if the Public IP matches the public IP you get when you type “what’s my IP” in Google.
  4. Try typing the private IP into a web browser and tell us what happens.
  5. Does it show multiple Tablo devices?
1 Like

There was the statement

If they didn’t we’d like to have hoped support had. But there are a variety of variables. Are there 2 modems? possible a seperate moden and router? Or do each work as routers and APs.

Given this was posted on the weekend they might not have talked to anyone.

yea, maybe but “tried everything” … “calls to tech support” if multiple :phone: calls to no one is all-inclusive to “everything” kind of seems… :neutral_face: “well I called but no one answered, but I tried.” :thinking: That counts? :wink:

Haven’t heard a response, perhaps life caught up… or all the Community support is overwhelming. Maybe they figured something out and all is well, enjoying their tablo again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.