Product suggestion

If necessary, partner with Sony or Yamaha or whoever for this.

The target for this suggestion is Living Room Entertainment Centers

Make an A/V Receiver that also has a two-tuner ATSC 1.0/3.0 tuner, FM tuner (preferably with separate coaxial input as FM antennas are often omni-directional), and AM tuner - with a built-in hard drive that can record broadcast TV and broadcast radio.

Obviously for DRM reasons there’s no need to have it record any of the HDMI inputs but it should have many HDMI inputs for gaming systems, BluRay players, Roku, etc. that are commonly in a Living Room Entertainment Center.

And the ATSC tuner coax should also do extended D-Band MoCA 2.5 to make it easier to get wired Internet to the device (yet it should also have Ethernet and probably a 802.11ax WiFi chip - I would do external antenna that supports running a coax extension between antennas and the A/V receiver, A/V receivers are often low to the ground inside a wooden cabinet where WiFi often sucks)

As for as 802.11ax, no real need to support 6 GHz band. Three bands just complicates things and most home networks don’t see a real-world benefit from 6 GHz band (and when they have it, it’s often only used for a Mesh backhaul)

IMPORTANT

Many (all I’ve seen) NextGenTV certified tuners require an active Internet connection to change the channel (well, to encrypted broadcasts) yet continue to work for extended periods if Internet is lost but the encrypted channel they are on isn’t changed.

If at all possible, cache the decryption key so that’s not an issue. It’s horrible that a temporary Internet outage means people can’t change to an encrypted channel. Caching the decryption key means if that happens, they can at least return to the encrypted channel they were watching.

MARKETING NOTE

A lot of people bought really expensive 4K (or better) televisions for their living rooms that only have ATSC 1.0 tuners. Many are still on the market.

Such an A/V receiver would be an elegant solution for those people, much more elegant of a solution than a crap tuner that adds to the devices they have in their entertainment center.

Such a device would replace the A/V receiver they already have, and quite possibly eliminate the need for a stereo receiver.

Just a thought.

Further MoCA thoughts - since an AV Receiver / DVR is likely to remain powered on 24/7, if you do make such a device and it supports Extended D-Band MoCA, the device could optionally be used as the MoCA uplink if it has an Ethernet cable plugged in.

I believe DirecTV does this with the DVR receivers (but using E band MoCA) and I believe Dish Network does this with their Hoppers (but using F band MoCA).

MoCA 2.5 is the standard to use, not the new 3.0 (I’m not sure silicon for 3.0 standard even exists yet but anyway, it’s main advantage is extra bandwidth - but MoCA 2.5 already does more bandwidth than most home networks can make use of)