Problems on Nexus Player

So just now after a week of using Tablo on Android TV it doesn’t show up in my list of apps on my Nexus Player.  I notice it’s in the app list on the device, so I uninstall it and attempt to re-install.  Now Play store is showing Nexus Player greyed out as if the app is unsupported on this device… huh???

UPDATE: did a complete factory reset of the Nexus Player, tried logging in with a different Google account.  Same issue.  The play store shows an April 24th date for the Tablo app, perhaps they updated it and for some reason broke Nexus Player support?  It was awesome while it worked… :frowning:

It likely got pulled from the store by mistake

Same thing happened to me.  Pretty frustrating given that playback thru the Nexus Player only just finally started worked well.

Hi guys - on Friday for some reason the Google Play store marked all devices as incompatible. We’ve been working on a fix all weekend and are hoping to get this resolved soon. Tx for your patience. 

I just got an update for Tablo in the Nexus Player Play Store app and it resolves the problem for me. The app will sync again, and it will also download the video player again, even though it is the same version as before. Working as expected.

@Arrowrand - Excellent, glad to hear it!

Hey,

Just bought the 4 tuner TabloTV and hooked it up 2 weeks ago.

Imagine my surprise when the app stopped working. I spent a good hour trying to get it every way I could think including factory resetting the player as well as clearing my browser cache. Checking again tonight the app is still not available for install to the Nexus Player.

Can we get an idea of when this will be fixed? This is my first exposure to cord cutting & TabloTV and I admit my faith is a bit shaken now… the Roku I have still works but it’s limited in functionality.

It’s still showing as not compatible when I try to push an install from play store, doesn’t show up in a search on the nexus player either.

Hey,

Just bought the 4 tuner TabloTV and hooked it up 2 weeks ago.

Imagine my surprise when the app stopped working. I spent a good hour trying to get it every way I could think including factory resetting the player as well as clearing my browser cache. Checking again tonight the app is still not available for install to the Nexus Player.

Can we get an idea of when this will be fixed? This is my first exposure to cord cutting & TabloTV and I admit my faith is a bit shaken now... the Roku I have still works but it's limited in functionality.

I know this doesn’t solve your problem, but you can cast from the Nexus Player from the Tablo app on an Android phone or tablet if you have one.

Nuvyyo won’t say whether this was on Google or them, but there were at least two other apps that had the exact same issue arise on Friday.

@TabloTexan @kwzombie - Darn… Thanks for letting us know. We’ll keep at this. What we may need to do is to split the apps into two different ones (tablets/smartphones & set-top-boxes). We were trying to keep it simple with a single app with multiple APKs for different devices but it doesn’t seem to be supported anymore.

Stay tuned & thanks for your patience. 

I can’t name any names, so you should absolutely take this with a huge grain of salt, but some of the sudden difficulty with apps remaining compatible with Nexus Player even though they don’t show up in the Nexus Player Play Store might have something to do with Google taking the reins off of the Android TV Play Store.

Apps that ARE compatible with phones, tablets and TV AND are currently listed in the Android TV Play Store will show in the browser Play Store as compatible with Android TV. Those apps that are compatible with all 3 formats but are not currently listed in the Android TV Play Store will not show as compatible in the browser Play Store.

I don’t know if my source of this information is correct, but he is someone who probably does know. There isn’t a timeline for when Google is supposed to open up the Android TV Play Store to more apps, but the hint was “look at when the new models and TV’s release, there’s your answer”. 

This has been broken since around the 23rd according to twitter.  Who is holding up the fix?  Google?  Nuvyyo?  This is rather annoying since this only worked properly for less than a week since my Tablo arrived.  Can you post the APK with side-load instructions?

@kwzombie

This has been fixed:
http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/2153/update-disables-app-on-android-tv

@kwzombie - It should be patched up now. There was an issue with the Play store. Let us know if you still have problems.