Port forwarding trouble xfinity Arris tg1682g

I just bought a Tablo Quad an am trying to connect remotely. the port forwarding options on my router only give the options for start and end port, not private port/public port. What numbers to I use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Share a screenshot of the port forwarding settings. If the link below is correct, the router function on the ISP modem / router combo doesn’t allow port translation. That is you cannot forward external port 20394 to internal port 80. Almost all new routers let you do port forwarding translation. This is a limitation of the modem you have.

Change the Tablo settings to forward Public Port 80 to Private Port 80. This is direct port 80 to port 80, might work.

https://portforward.com/arris/tg1682g/

Another helpful link.

Will try forwarding port 80, thanks

Should I consider Comcast business internet which allows static ip?

No you don’t need a static IP. The Tablo can handle IP changes.

Try this - turn on UPnP, toggle the Remote Access off and back on. UPnP should get you connected. But then for security reasons, go ahead and turn UPnP back off. It worked for me, and I am also on xfi with a TG1682.

I’ve received advice related to DMZ, DHCP and port forwarding. Should I delete/disable all that before trying your method?

That did the trick, thanks for your help

Interesting - show us what the port forwarding settings screen shows now that it is auto-configured by UPnP.

Sorry - didn’t see your follow-up post @theuser86 Here ya go…

Of course now I’m being plagued by the same issue that is discussed in this thread;
https://community.tablotv.com/t/public-port-keeps-changing-remote-access-breaking/21248/14

Was that configured by you manually? Or by UPnP?

This was done manually. But then again, this morning it was not working - Tablo suggesting two totally different ports. When I set Tablo back to these ports, turned off and on Remote Access, it came back into service.

Of course the big problem is that one must be able to reach the Tablo in order to change (or see) what ports it happens to want today. And with Remote Access not working, one cannot reach the Tablo.

Not sure why it keeps changing the suggested port number…

That said, when I allowed UPnP to create the Port Forward, and then turned off UPnP, wound up with the same problem … Tablo would change it’s mind on what ports it wants, and the existing rule that came from UPnP is dead.

It’s beginning to look like UPnP is a requirement, although I’m not sure that is a good idea.