Port Forwarding on Arris SBG6580-2

Hi,

I recently moved and upgraded my cable modem to an Arris SBG6580-2.

At my previous location house, I had an Asus wifi router and got the remote viewing working and was able to view my recordings on my mobile (apple ios) and my Amazon fire streaming device.

At my NEW location, I have the Arris SBG6580-2 and when I added/configured the new wifi settings to the Tablo-2 tuner, it does NOT show the remote setup in my settings! I am guessing that this option (remote setup) does not show up on the setting screen when the port forwarding is not configure correctly on my Arris?!? OR do I need to do a complete factory restore on my Tablo-2 tuner since I am at a new location?!?

Can someone also help me with the port forwarding instructions for the Arris SBG6580-2, too. That modem isn’t the best and isn’t as user friendly as my old Asus wifi router. I don’t know where to begin.

Are you using your computer to set up Tablo Connect? That option is not available on all devices, but it definitely works on the PC.

I tried using both the PC and on my IOS devices, it isn’t showing it as an option.

The only reason I can think of why it wouldn’t be an option anymore is if your subscription went away. Do you still have an active subscription (a requirement for Tablo Connect)?

yes, my 1-month trial subscription expired a few weeks ago…

but, the “tablo connect” still worked until this past monday (after I moved to the new location).

is there any way to get around the subscription? The tablo is basically crippled without remote viewing.

There is no way around the subscription. I have the lifetime subscription, which I highly encourage. It covers all Tablos on your account for life.