Port Forwarding Issue

Touche

Anyway I did incremental firmware updates. I’m now up to .46 level firmware. It wouldn’t hop up to the latest. The change logs didn’t indicate anything DMZ or port forwarding-wise.
Rebooted, Fired up the galaxy S2 tablo app. Nada. Trying from web app/browser now. (toggling remote access)

@Mapleaf18, I noticed on your initial screen shot that that you had FTP set up as your forwarding service. It needs to be TCP. Can you confirm which way it is?

Uh oh, 10 hours, and only hearing crickets.
Everything working now, or even more trashed?

Finally resolved. It was the ISP after all. Requested a static IP from them and bingo, bongo, SUCCESS! (even though they stated they were not blocking ports) Went through this with them some years back when I had to use a cisco vpn client for the previous company I worked for. Went to a static ip address via my ISP (they now charge $10 extra a month for the privilege) and boom I was in!

Now to address the speed (yeah right) did a test ( I think two other houses on the entire street) and got a blazing speed of 7 down and .85 up. This being in the middle of the afternoon when no one is home (sigh) :joy:

Bummer, I connect to a wireless access point 17 miles away, and get much better performance.
I used to dream of getting DSL.
That dream is gone.

I would just do a hot spot if I could but sadly I have a double whammy. I live in a low lying area so cell phone coverage is spotty at best. I do have a wifi extender for what that good does me. I also have a antennae signal booster but I’ve yet to put it in a place where it can do any good. namely on the top of a 25 foot pole. I live about 5 minutes away from a Spectrum office but now there’s that debacle so no real alternative as of yet. Where I live, although being about 9 to 10 minutes away from a small city is considered “rural” I live between two dairy farms so it’s all about house count.

I believe you were looking at the option menu just above the actual entry. FTP was part of the drop down selection and was first in the list.