Plex Tablo channel updated

@MotobikeMan is that using an Apple TV 4, if yes, I’m jealous :smile: I wish my setup worked.

yeah on the Apple TV 4, but the recordings are unwatchable.

I was hoping that was fixed now. I don’t understand why it does that on the Apple TV but not on the Roku.

I fiddled around the code and I found something that fixes the low bitrate recordings.

This is on a Mac, might be different on a PC.

Go in the Tablo.bundle folder (in the Plex Plugins directory), Contents, Services, URL, TabloRecording. Open up ServiceCode.pys in a text editor, and change the following:

1. Do a search for “bitrate”. You’ll have 2 results, one with “bitrate = 500” and the other with “bitrate = bitrate” (something similar).

2. Change both to an actual (and higher) bitrate of your choice. I went with “bitrate=8000” for both.

Now my recordings look great!

You probably only need to change the first value, but I’ll let someone with better programming skills than me confirm that :slight_smile:

One thing though - I tried this before Xmas and the values kept resetting themselves. I actually made a script to constantly overwrite the file with my custom version! It seems ok this time, but I’ve only made the change in the last 30 minutes or so.

Ok, it does get overwritten when Plex does an update check (for the Channels). I reactivated my script that overwrites the file (every minute or so), and that works, but it’s a band-aid fix.

Any ideas on why some of us install the app but can’t seem to access it?

Have you tried completely removing the Tablo plugin?

Delete it from the Plex interface, and then go into the plugins folder to make sure that it has been completely removed. I would also recommend shutting down Plex entirely and restarting it. Then reinstall the Tablo channel.

Also, make sure that the Plex app on the apple tv is completely closed, then start it back up again.

Not sure what else to recommend, my home setup is pretty basic and it worked on the first try.

This worked for me too. Hopefully it gets written into the source.

Yep, just tried again. Thank you for the recommendations, just trying to solicit new ideas/solutions. There are a few of us here having the same issue, i feel like I’m doing something stupid or maybe there is something wrong.

Try disabling (temporarely) the firewall on the PC where Plex is running. This will eliminate any ports being blocked (don’t forget to turn it back on when you are done testing).

Also, try switching to a wired connection (or to wireless if already wired). You can even try another router if that’s possible (although that might not be worth the trouble).

Also, is it possible to reset the Tablo itself? Never tried it, not sure if it’s possible.

Tried the firewall and Tablo restart, nothing. Here is hoping the authors of the app offer some insight

Same here. Live TV looks good. Recordings are awful and unwatchable.

I am on current versions of Plex and Tablo channel using Apple TV 4.