Plex Plugin 2.0 Beta is Ready

@Davidvr live TV and recordings won’t load in Plex clients on Apple devices.  I can provide debug logs if you don’t have any yet.

I found it on GitHub. https://github.com/davidjvr/TabloTV-Plex-Channel/tree/version-2.0?files=1

Which file(s) do you actually download?  I am not seeing any .bundle or .zip files.

@marjamar I don’t see the beta channel listed in the Plex Channels Directory anymore.

Which file(s) do you actually download?  I am not seeing any .bundle or .zip files.

@jdag If you go to the top level, there’s a link to download a ZIP file in the right column.

Yeah, don’t know.  I tried the beta channel from the provided link someplace here when it was new.  It seemed to have too many problems so I just uninstalled it as I didn’t want to mess up my actual recordings schedules.  Guess you will have to contact the author.  He has his own webpage I seem to recall, probably from the PLEX plugin install someplace.

-Rodger 

I’m sorry try this link. download the zip, unpackage it and rename it to .bundle 

I'm sorry try this link. download the zip, unpackage it and rename it to .bundle 

https://github.com/davidjvr/TabloTV-Plex-Channel/tree/version-2.0

Oh, you’re right. The beta is in a branch, not the trunk/master.

I'm sorry try this link. download the zip, unpackage it and rename it to .bundle 

https://github.com/davidjvr/TabloTV-Plex-Channel/tree/version-2.0

Oh, you’re right. The beta is in a branch, not the trunk/master.

Thanks, that worked.

I know this is a project being done for fun, and as such I don’t have any expectations, but does anyone know if the Beta 2 is still being actively developed?

Yes and No, its on hold until some tablo updates are complete. I’m not sure what the ETA is on that but I’ll let you know when I have more information.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @Davidvr

I assume the development of the Plex channel will continue when the API mentioned below launches. I am so happy to see that things are progressing.

@MotobikeMan Yes, that is what we are waiting on before I post it for you all to try. I don’t like to give away spoilers but they have done a great job on the new REST API.

With thanks to you for your input!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the tablo Plex channel is working well with the latest tablo firmware beta? It was unusable before, tried it again tonight just for kicks and it’s working flawlessly!

Thanks for the info, I just tried and Live TV is still not working for me. At least not the Beta Channel, however, the old channel is

Maybe flawless was a bit strong as I only played some recordings. Now you have me second guessing myself I need to check to see what version I have installed.

1 Like

I have been using beta 1 since it came out. Love it but has stability issues.

I wouldn’t mind trying this beta 2 but download link on first page doesn’t work.

1 Like

Anyone know if this Channel still works with the latest Tablo 2.2.8 version? Anyone can re-upload the tablobeta.bundle.zip file online so we can download it? Link doesn’t work anymore. From one Tablo user to the next, pleas pretty please. :smile:

I don’t think it’s working after the last update. For a lot of people the plex tablo channel is not loading new content.

Yea pretty sure I saw @Davidvr some place say he was getting ready to ramp up some development on the Plex channel. It was in a private thread. “I’m hoping to take some time off here and finish the new version of the Plex plugin”

So hopefully it should be soon guys. Remember we do have regular jobs :wink:

1 Like