Plex not being updated with the new shows

I could be wrong, but Tablo doesn’t officially support Plex, its created by a third party

*This app is developed by third-parties and is not officially supported by Tablo. For support for this app, please contact the individual app developers directly.

Source: https://www.tablotv.com/tablo-products/

The Tablo Channel is indeed unsupported by either PLEX or the author. It does not work at all for me and for many other is it very flaky. Sorry can’t help.

-Rodger

1 Like

you’re spot on - it is a third party app. however, the fact that Tablo does post it on their site gives me hope that they’d at least chime in with any info they have on the issue.

looking back through the Plex channel announcement thread, it appears that @pix64 and @Davidvr are the developers. maybe they can provide some info for us?

Last post I saw from @Davidvr, about 30 days ago, said he was trying to get back to the project and it’s open source as well so anyone can update it. Unless its an official app, I wouldn’t think Tablo would chime in, especially considering the disclaimer that put on their site.

I was thinking about setting up Plex while I wait for an Apple TV app. I’m just going to wait for the app

The way I get shows into Plex is by using Tablo Ripper (automated as a service). It takes recordings off the Tablo every night. Another service I have (folder monitor) sees the new shows from Tablo Ripper in this temp directory and moves them to the Plex server for later viewing using the Roku’s Plex client.

1 Like

I second using Tablo Ripper to pull your recordings off of Tablo and drop them into one of your Plex libraries. If you use MCEBuddy as an intermediate step, you can also convert formats and/or strip commercials. Also, this method allows you to sync your recordings to other devices for offline viewing - so you can basically sync to a tablet through Plex and watch later when you do not have access to the Internet.

2 Likes

Is Metadata incorporated with the ripping? (Show, season, episode)

TabloRipper has an option to include metadata in your recording, which is fine if you’re sending it straight to Plex. But the metadata seems to confuse MCEBuddy, so don’t enable that option if you’re converting formats and/or stripping commercials.

I did a search for the tablo ripper due to the fact that it doesn’t look like there’s going to be anybody able to look at the tablo Plex channel looks like it’s a Windows only option which doesn’t help me at all. Looks like I’m back to airplay until the tablo app for the Apple TV is created, being it’s not even on the road map yet I’m not holding my breath.

Ummm…the Tablo App for the Fourth Gen TV is more than just on the roadmap, its being developed right now. Check out the Apple Beta Testers thread. We’ve been clamoring for it. I’m currently using a. Airplay b. The TV itself for Live TV. Sucks but I’m waiting…

Have you looked at Tablo Exporter? It’s a java app that’ll run on non-windows computers. Or SurLaTablo.py?

I also use SurLaTablo on my Ubuntu machine.

I tried that back in January 14 2015 I was unsuccessful. It looks like the Plex channel came out May 2014

Try Tablo Exporter, let me know if you need any help

Yes, as many here are.

My Tablo Channel on my Plex media server does not even recognize my Tablo. Is this part of the same issue?

Yep. The tablo API changed, but the Plex channel hasn’t been updated.

Thanks….any knowledge of updates coming soon?

Nope. Several people have expressed interest, but I have no idea how it’s coming along.