PlayStation and X-Box Apps Request

Is it possible to make PS3, PS4, X360, Xbox One apps available? 

The install base for these consoles are HUGE, it would add a lot of appeal for Tablo if the users saw that app in the marketplace and decided to research it.

1 Like

While waiting for an official app you can export your recordings and play them through Plex or other streaming servers.

@pngwolffman - We have started early conversations with the nice folks at Microsoft about Xbox. We’d also like to get an app for Playstation since we realize a lot of people use gaming systems as their home media centers. 

There are a few things we’d like to get sorted out before we tackle these (like apps for the major SmartTVs) but it’s definitely on the to-do list. 

I really don’t see how the “SmartTV” thing is the way to go. I would guess that the customer base for PS3/4 and XBOX 360/One far outnumber those of Panasonic Smart TVs or Sony Smart TVs, etc. Also, I know this is a dumb request, but I’d like to see you add support to the WiiU. I can’t be the only guy in the world that has one of those, why don’t they make more apps for it!!?

I also have a Sony BD player and a PS3, which both use Sony’s XMB (xross media bar) interface. My in-laws have a Sony TV which uses the same. IMO, going with XMB development would be a nice investment as it will apply to any/every Sony smart device with apps (which most do nowadays, Sony is really pushing them) and be constantly updated to ensure kids don’t hack the playstation.

I see good change 5.1 support are really Nice.
Do you know when it will have a tablo app in my ps4?