Playing at 2x speed with no sound

Just thought I would share this weird behavior I experienced last night with my Tablo on FireTV. When I would play an episode of any recording, it would play at, what seemed like, double or 2x speed and with no sound. I exited the Tablo app and tried again, but still the same behavior. I tried playing recordings from several different shows, which are recorded from various dates, but still same behavior. I decided to give up and I restarted my FireTV, but I haven’t yet gone back to the Tablo app to try again.

If it’s still behaving that way, I will start a support ticket, but I’m guessing it won’t because restarting the FireTV always seems to fix any issues I’m having with Tablo.

That’s definitely a new one. Let us know if it happens again.

Sounds like a feature I would want…

@podious Definitely let us know if this crops up again - or if you can reproduce it on another app. Just send us a note and we can take a look.

@Lowbee that is what I was thinking! :slight_smile:

FYI - After FireTV reboot, all was working fine.

I’ve had what I believe might be a similar issue that occurs in the recording itself (i.e., it doesn’t matter what client is used).

• It happened for a few programs on one particular channel
  • Video was 2x - 16x normal speed (like fast forwarding a VCR tape with some skipped frames)
  • It did have sound
  • Channel broadcast quality: 720p; Tablo Recording Quality: 720p
  • Basically unwatchable and had to delete the recordings
  • Occurred on multiple strong local channels (5 miles from tower with direct line of sight), so shouldn’t be a low/weak signal issue
  • Using server grade hard drive (WD RE4) in cooled enclosure
  • Viewed using multiple clients: VLC on Ubuntu (Wired), Roku 3 4200X (WiFi), Roku 3 4230R (WiFi) (again, doesn’t matter which client, it appears to be recorded like this)
  • Tablo: wired Gigabit ethernet
  • Clients: wired Gigabit ethernet and wireless N

Next time don’t delete the recording. Open a support ticket and let Tablo see what the issue was.

@tablotester Very odd. Just echo’ing @theuser86 here, but if you have this issue again, give us a shout. We’d like to take a look.

@TabloSupport: I have seen this numerous times on different channels (and now have heard from another user in a completely different market who I recommended to purchase a Tablo who now has experienced similar behavior using FireTV).

• In my case I believe it may be in part related to signal strength/quality. After doing some investigation, I found my antenna amplifier power was inadvertently disconnected.
  • However, it is still puzzling because it has happened on strong channels as well (and continues to happen occasionally)

Once I have enough info, I will create a ticket as appropriate.

1. Is this only on the Fire TV? Have you tried Roku, iPhone, Android device?
  2. Is it with Recordings? or only Live TV?

@theuser86, If you are replying to me, I already provided that information in my previous post above.

Quoting myself:

Viewed using multiple clients: VLC on Ubuntu (Wired), Roku 3 4200X (WiFi), Roku 3 4230R (WiFi) (again, doesn’t matter which client, it appears to be recorded like this) …

… and now have heard from another user in a completely different market who I recommended to purchase a Tablo who now has experienced similar behavior using FireTV

I’m experiencing this on my Android Nexus 7 tablet. It happened once before, and a reboot fixed it. Really strange.

This is happening to me too. The strange part is that it happens on Tablo and also on my Amazon prime video. That seems really strange as I would have expected it to be something related to the Tablo itself, but apparently my issue is browser related or something.

Oh and this is with my Chrome browser on windows 10 home theater PC

I found the problem, although the exact cause is still a mystery. I found tons of internet search results for videos playing super fast with no audio with sites that use Adobe Flash. Most of the people with this issue mentioned it being caused by a certain audio driver or audio device being used in their windows and ubuntu machines. So I changed my audio source to another and everything started working correctly again. Sounds like there’s some bug related to Flash and certain audio drivers.