Playback Ended: Your tuner has been reassigned to another live TV session or recording

Sometime in the last 3 months my Tablo 4-tuner device has started popping up a message on my AppleTVs (all 4 of them) while watching “Live TV” on a channel that is also recording. At the end of the recording I get the following message “Playback Ended: Your tuner has been reassigned to another live TV session or recording”. I am at most recording 2 channels while watching. Worst case I count 3 tuners in use.

4-tuner Tablo
AppleTV 4

Does anyone know if this is a new message that came with the latest firmware upgrade?

While not fatal it is annoying to have the tuner force me to back out to the guide to start watching the channel again.

2 Likes

This help any?

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-tuner-math/

I have the same issue as the OP.

• Tablo Quad v2.2.28
  • Apple TV 4K

I’m recording one show and watching a different show on another channel. So two tuners in use by me (not sure what is being used internally). When the recording ends I receive the Playback Ended screen above. To get back to my watched show, I click Dismiss and then have to change the channel to get back to the watch channel.

The tuner math article did not help since it doesn’t seem to apply to my situation.

This all started after the last update.

OK I got no further theories I typically only use the Live feature after a channel scan. Hopefully someone who uses this feature often can chime in with advice. Or log a call with Tablo support.

Just throwing this out there.

Are you clicking on the Channel # in the Live TV guide or are you clicking on the show’s time slot in the guide?

The actual show’s time slot will kick you out. The channel # on the very left side of screen will tune to the channel for an indefinite amount of time.

I don’t have an AppleTV, so I assume the gui is set up similarly what I have (Firetv & Shield).

Sorry KirkH, I have tried it both ways. I thought the same thing as you. That maybe watching a program that is recording from the guide somehow affected what tuner was being used to watch “live”. I get the same results either way.

The only thing I have not verified is what happens when watching “live” on a channel that is set to record 2 programs back to back. That just happens to be when I am most likely to sit down and want to watch live. I record the evening news local at 6:00pm and then the national at 6:30pm. Most often I am unable to watch live at that time. But when I do sit down to watch the 6:00pm news “live”, I always get the message. Same at 7:00pm when the national news ends.

@vsalupo - Were you able to resolve the above? I have the same error every day!

Setup:
4-tuner Tablo
AppleTV 4k

No. It still does it. There have been at least 2 updates since this report. No change.

I guess it is time to open a request with @TabloSupport !

I have this happen to me also on Apple TV and on the computer. While on the channel. I also have a Quad wired to router. Still happens from time to time. Glad to know I am not alone.

Good luck with pressing the blue button three times in one second.

I’ve been practicing!

Everyone - please let Tablo support know you are experiencing this issue. Its been 7 months since this was known. Squeaky wheel theory!

Below is the response I received (bolding is mine).

Jon

Sent: Friday, December 4, 2020, 2:51 PM
To: Jcmxxxxxx
Subject: [Tablo] Re: Every day I see: Playback Ended

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (xxxx) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Tablo Support - Lauren (Tablo)
Dec 4, 2020, 3:51 PM EST

Hi Jon,

We have no ETA for when this update will be implemented.

The feedback has been passed on to our product development team.

In the meantime, you can sign up for our newsletter here so you don’t miss out on new developments to Tablo: http ://bit.ly/xxxxxx

Thank you,

Lauren
Tablo Support
Monday-Friday 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET
www.tablotv.com/support

Want to learn more about Tablo? Check out our knowledge base at:
https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us

Jcmxxxxxx
Dec 3, 2020, 2:07 PM EST

Hello,

What is the estimated timeframe for this fix? This has been happening for many months for me.

Is there a beta fix available?

Jon
Tablo Support - Clarke (Tablo)
Nov 24, 2020, 4:24 PM EST

Hi John,

Thank you for the response. Regarding it happening on the same station: this is the expected result at this time; at the end of the recording, the tablo will close the playlist. we are working on updates in the future that will prevent interruptions.

Thank you,

Clarke
Tablo Support
Monday-Friday 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET
www.tablotv.com/support

If I understand this response correctly, they know it happens but have no fix at this time?

Or it is low priority. That is why it helps to let Support know. Hopefully that will increase the urgency.

Same issue here. Tablo Dual Lite. Apple tv 4th gen

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.