OTA signals deteriorating

I have written support in the past and get no response. There are 13 OTA channels I am able to access, but have limited it to the main networks. However, first one channel (CBS) and then another (Fox) have gotten worse — pixilatiion, buffering, you name it. None of this happened when I first installed Tablo. Now it has reached the point to have me reconsidering signing back up for cable. HELP! Any possible thoughts would be appreciated.

Get a large OTA antenna to improve signal quality, sometimes bigger is better. Try running one straight coaxial cable run from the OTA antenna to the Tablo, do not put splitters in line. Use RG6 coaxial cable, not RG59.

Another possibility could be that your signal amplifier is having a problem.

Also, if you get the pixelation when watching live TV through the Tablo, then as a test try running without a hard drive attached. If live TV doesn’t pixelate, then it could point to a hard drive problem.

I had this exact scenario a few years ago, I would have sworn it was a reception issue but it turned out to be my hard drive (I suppose it could have also been a weak Tablo power supply, but I never tried swapping that - just started using a Samsung 500gb ssd and no more problems).

Sorry to hear that. We try to reply to all tickets within 1 business day but sometimes messages get lost in the internet and sometimes folks forget to add the ‘TV’ portion to our email address.

I’d suggest using our ticketing system to avoid any issues like that: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The team would be happy to take a look and see what’s happening.

A fresh channel scan is always a good place to start though:

Is it really cold where you are? Here in Texas, there are quite a few stations that are having difficulties with the cold weather, everything from power outages, problems with icing on the antenna towers, etc…

Might also be a cell tower added between you and the broadcast tower(s), consider an LTE filter.