Opening app and start-up; Search Results

I have been a cord cutter since 2016 so pretty much an early adopter.

I went to the Amazon “eco system” and with my set up purchased the Fire Tv Recast device which is Amazon’s OTA DVR device. In the 8 years I have had this I may have had 1 or 2 issues, otherwise works as it should.

I set up a theatre projector in my basement and attached a Chromecast with Google TV devise, which I love and is extremely intuitive and user friendly, but of course the Recast device is not compatible so I purchase the 4th Generation Tablo for local TV.

With exception the price at $99 (although I got my device for $79) this is a much inferior device and extremely wonky.

1. When you leave the app and come back 9 out of 10 times you have to force stop or use back button and come back into the app otherwise you’ll get a never-ending spinning circle which I see on many forums is an ongoing issue for many. No big deal but nevertheless.
  2. Search doesn’t find all available shows, so especially for setting recordings you have use the Live guide to scroll to the show and set up recordings that way. Also I see this is an ongoing issue.
  3. Lastly, and related to all, takes 2-3 business days for support to reply. If you had issues where you couldn’t even view using your Tablo you’re SOL!

Just venting!!!

MB

2 Likes