One Hour Delayed Sports

I cannot stand the commercial breaks in NFL games. For years I have used a cable TV DVR box to get around this. Now I have cut the cable and am attempting to use Tablo TV 4 Tuner DVR to accomplish the same mission.

Typically I start watching a game about one hour after the beginning. Then by FFing through commercials and halftime I end at nearly the same as real time. So far, I have had challenges accomplishing this with Tablo combined with my Roku App.

Every so often (every minute or so) it pauses as if it is buffering. I am set up on full HDTV at 10Mbps. I do not have any problems watching recordings that have completed. Only when I am watching something that has not finished recording yet.

Any suggestions?

I do that also. I’m not very good at guessing the end of a commercial. Wish thumbnails were available before program ends.
I only had that buffering issue once. I was watching a Sunday night football game. I was watching with LG tv app because the tv had thumbnails. At half time I went to bed. The bedroom tv is Roku only. I skipped to half time and couldn’t believe all the buffering. About every ten seconds: I don’t remember how long it took, and after about five minutes I switched to YTTV. I was a PSVUE customer and local channels were on demand. No sports or dvr. I tried TiVo but it was connected to one tv only. Tablo sounded like the solution. Now I have YTTV and locals are available with dvr. I don’t depend on the tablo except for out of market and sd sub channels. I’ve found the tablo reboots to often. I have programs set to record, if they do I watch them, if they don’t I just delete.
The buffering issue you have could be tablo or the Roku. I tend to believe it is the tablo. Because when I had that problem it was the tablo. I finished watching the game with Roku on YTTV.
Tablo support solution is weak signal, and I sometimes get a weak signal on the out of market channels. With the TiVo a weak signal only affected that channel. With the tablo a weak signal causes a reboot and affects every channel. At least with TiVo and a weak signal it would record with a few glitches instead of recording failed due to weak signal.