NVidia Shield and Tablo Commands

I have this all setup, and it is working great. I would love to see the option to map a remote command to the Channel Guide and the Recorded TV menu. It would be nice to maybe use the Right and Left Triggers of the Nvidia shield controller since they are not in use right now?

I believe they are in use @Kevin_Lewis for FFW & REW unless there’s an additional button I’m not recalling at the moment.

1 Like

Good point. I believe it is the Left and Right bumper that can be used here.

1 Like

Right and left bumper would be perfect for jumping in and out of the main menu, I agree.

May I ask why the skip duration was set to 20 sec? I could be wrong but it seems that most other DVRs have 30 sec instead. I personally prefer 30 sec skip because it’s easier on math (i.e. 2 for 1 min, 4 for 2, 6 for 3… etc) and also less key press as well. The 10 sec rewind is there when I overshoot.

What do you all think?

Kamy, if you have a universal remote like a Harmony, you can set a sequence to solve this.

I created my skip ahead sequence to be:

Right direction > Right Direction > Right Direction > Select (this makes it go back to playing the content)

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have Harmony 700 and will look into that as a workaround if I don’t get it directly from Tablo app.

I’m still curious to see whether people prefer 20 or 30 sec skip :smiley:

Yea, that is probably a preference question. I definitely like the 30 second skip, and I also created a sequence to skip ahead 60 seconds at a time.

I actually like the 10 second skip because I just hold it down and I get through commercials in about 3 seconds then hop back one or two frames if I pass too far. Makes it consistent going back or forwards.

Yes I agree we need to keep the 10 sec skip for fine adjustment. I was just talking about the existing 20 sec skip - whether it makes more sense to be 30 sec instead.

Oh, I agree with that then. 30 seconds makes sense to me.