No Sound Over WiFi in Android App

My Tablo Dual works like a charm on my Roku soundbar. However, on both my Pixel 6 and my Pixel Slate tablet I get no audio over WiFi.

To troubleshoot, I have disabled the surround sound, so that does not appear to be the issue (unless there is a more than 15 min delay in it taking effect). I have tried both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels. The oddity is that if I turn off wifi on my phone and connect the 5G I get audio instantly. So it is something with the app only when connected through WiFi.

Anyone have a solution? This is a deal breaker for me as I need my tablet to work in my home over WiFi.

After turning surround off, you still won’t be able to hear sound from any recordings that had that setting on.

You also have to switch tuners to make it work with live tv. So if you have a two tuner, you would have to switch to two other channels before going back to the original channel.

I hope this helps. I have a Pixel 5a and Tablo audio works fine as long as surround sound is off.

Note: the reason it worked when you switched to 5G is that Tablo Remote Connect transcodes in stereo unless it is set to full.quality.

1 Like

That did it, thank you! I would not have thought of that, but it makes sense when you explain it.

1 Like

Glad I could help!

I have a pixel 6 pro. I was puzzled by no audio also. You might try two things that worked for me. First, turn off Dolby on the Tablo app. Second, go into the pixel 6 settings>Sound & Vibration>turn off adaptive sound.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro. I was puzzled by no audio also. You might try two things that worked for me.
First, Open. The Pixel’s, Tablo app go to settings and uncheck “Surround Sound.”
Second, go into the Pixel 6 settings>Sound & Vibration>turn off adaptive sound.

Same phone, same problem, same fix. Thanks!