No PVRs Found

I’m setting up my new Tablo 4, and have an issue with the Android App.  When I do the Connect to Tablo, Begin Search, the response is “No PVRs Found!”  My Tablo 4 is network wired and my tablets are wireless.   One tablet has Android 4.4 and the other 4.3. The Tablo Connect setup is working OK otherwise.   I have noticed that the Tablo requires 4 ports through UPnP on my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router.  The setup instructions indicate only three external ports are needed.  I have opened all four external ports in my u-Verse router/modem and mapped them to the internal ports called for.  The Tablo settings page indicates “Your Tablo is ready for remote access.”

What am I doing wrong?

@JimmyB7 Hm - the port mappings shouldn’t play a role here. Can you try tapping the ‘refresh’ button on the top right of the screen? Assuming your tablet and Tablo are on the same network, this should cause it to populate. Let me know how this goes!

I’m sorry but I don’t see a refresh button.  The screen says: “Connect to Tablo, Make sure your tablo is plugged in and connected to your Wi-Fi network.  Then click ‘Begin Search’ to find your Tablo device.”  Both my tablets return the “No PVRs Found!” error message after a brief search.

There appears to be a grayed out cast button in the top right screen, but it does nothing,  I assume because I’m not connected.

OK here’s what I’ve found for what it’s worth.  I took a free Android Ping tool from Google Play.  I think any should work. I pinged the Tablo from the tablet.  The results were instantaneous, as a good ping should be.  No runs, no drips, no errors. The tablet saw the Tablo.  I tried the connection setup again and lo and behold the tablet connected.  Both my tablets, same results.  I removed the Tablo Android app and then reinstalled the app.  “No PVRs found!” For every search.  I pinged the Tablo again, and the Tablo Android App found the Tablo immediately.  I’m using the July 31, 2014 Tablo App.

Go figure. 

P.S. The syncing process seems to take forever, is that normal?

JimmyB7 - are you on a wifi based connection?  I installed the Tablo android app on my MX2 set top box this weekend and could not make a connection when I had the network hardwired through an ethernet cable.  Only when I switched to WiFi did it locate the Tablo.  I suspect the app may be hard coded to look out a WiFi connection, since that would be the way most tablets operate.  BTW, if you download Chrome and go through the browser, my MX2 device will work on both ethernet and Wifi.

JimmyB7 - are you on a wifi based connection?  I installed the Tablo android app on my MX2 set top box this weekend and could not make a connection when I had the network hardwired through an ethernet cable.  Only when I switched to WiFi did it locate the Tablo.  I suspect the app may be hard coded to look out a WiFi connection, since that would be the way most tablets operate.  BTW, if you download Chrome and go through the browser, my MX2 device will work on both ethernet and Wifi.

I’m all hard wired, static IPs, etc…  I’ve got most things working now.  I think the old reboot the router routine helped me tremendously.  I’m finally into actually enjoying this device now.  Thanks for your suggestions.

@jimmyB7 - Glad everything got sorted out and that you’re enjoying your Tablo now :)