No live TV on Roku2

Not sure what the request is. Do you mean move the Roku 2 to a newer TV that will accept HDMI?

No I meant that Tablo connect a Roku 2 to an older TV using a composite cable rather than HDMI. The newer units like the Roku 3 do not have composite output.

Maybe they donā€™t have an older Roku?

Oh; then not for me.

At first I thought it odd that behavior would be a function of the data stream, but I assume now is that when TV Live (or Recordings, or whatever) is selected the program then jumps to the right driver or address to feed the stream to the selected hardware, and it is simply jumping to the wrong address or symbol. Iā€™d bet anything it is as simple as a program type or wrong pointer put it. If that sequence were followed it would be a simple fix. But then it is always easy to fix someone elseā€™s code, especially when one cannot see it!

I canā€™t watch live TV with my roku1 connected with composite. Old tablo still work.

Ding. Ding. Thatā€™s 3/3 now.

Weā€™re looking into this now guys! Thanks for your patience while we continue to work on this. Sorry for the wait. There was an issue with display modes on the original Legacy app - it produced very similar results. Weā€™re investigating this now.

The issue is resolved in the current Roku Tablo beta app.

1 Like

@oldmike Do you still have this problem? The Beta Preview channel fixes the problem. If youā€™re still having the problem, contact @TabloSupport and theyā€™ll hook you up with the Beta Preview.

Still got it. Selecting Live TV with Roku 2 on Roku Preview just jumps back to the selection screen.

@oldmike ask @TabloTV for the Tablo Preview Beta app. It fixes the problem

1 Like

Done, just waiting for notification.

1 Like