No Images for Recordings?

My recorded programs all show a blue box with white text instead of a show image:

It would be nice to have the show image like in the “TV Shows” menu item. Is this a bug? In the works?

What device is this on?

Which version of the Fire TV?

I suggest you delete the Tablo app from the AFTV. Reboot it. Then re-install the app.

Are these manual recordings? If so, when I first got my Tablo and was testing, I noticed the manual recordings didn’t display a poster. Bothered me at first but I rip all show from my Tablo and transfer to Plex so I don’t see it anymore.

No, these are scheduled recordings (done through the guide).

Have you tried clearing the the app cache and data from the firetv settings? You have to re-sync to the tablo after you do that.

At one time the data for the tablo app on my firetv was messed up and cleaning the app cache and data fixed it.

Since I’m not clear on how you scheduled those particular shows.

If you schedule a show by picking a station, start time, and duration (and giving it a name you choose), then you won’t get poster artwork, just the blue box.

If you record a show by picking it from the lists of TV Shows, Movies, or Sports (from side bar) and let the Tablo figure out the time and give it a name, then you should have artwork as long as you pay for the subscription. Once your subscription runs out (assuming you don’t renew), then within 2 weeks, all the artwork goes away and you just have blue boxes with titles in them.

1 Like

Recorded 10 am episode of Family Feud. This was on a Fox station. Poster is showing up on my Android app (screenshot), Fire TV gen 1 and Fire TV stick gen 2.

[quote=“eek, post:9, topic:12571, full:true”]If you schedule a show by picking a station, start time, and duration (and giving it a name you choose), then you won’t get poster artwork, just the blue box.

If you record a show by picking it from the lists of TV Shows, Movies, or Sports (from side bar) and let the Tablo figure out the time and give it a name, then you should have artwork as long as you pay for the subscription.[/quote]

Now we are talking! This sounds like the most likely reason why my recordings have no poster artwork.

All of my recordings were scheduled using the guide. This does seem like a design issue that could be fixed in a future update.

Did you name it yourself? If no, if you clicked to record it through the “guide”, and have an active subscription then YES you should have poster art.