No audio on Android

Hello,

I have a new device running on Android 9.0 Pie, and the app, while running, has no audio. I tried to navigate using Chrome, and same thing happen. Apple TV app, iOS app, and browsing from Mac OS X all work. But that Android device, won’t playback audio while video streams fine. Any idea?

Turn off surround sound off see if that works

ah… dolby atmos! wow. I learned something.
Unfortunately, it did not solve it. I searched the audio options to no avail. Dev menu had an audio bypass setting, tried that to no avail. All system sounds playback on both the TV and directly on the device either standalone or connected to the TV. But any audio from Tablo is missing.

Any other idea? Thanks for pointing this option out.

Turn off Surround Sound in the Settings in the Tablo app. This is not the Settings on the Android device itself. Then try Live TV. Many Android devices cannot decode the 5.1 AC3 audio.

This is also helpful.

And a 3rd link to read.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-release-2-2-22/

Here is the Settings page on the iPhone app. Make sure yours in Unchecked.

1 Like

ah ah! Winner winner, chicken dinner. That did it, thanks! So, the turning off both Dolby and the app’s Sourround setting did it. I learned something more. I wonder why only on Android, no other device I had to play with this setting.

Cheers!

This is why.

Yes I had this problem at first and it confused me… disabled surround sound and all was good…

Make sure you turn it back on after you use your android device or else all your recording afterwards will not be recorded in surround sound and when you want to watch a recorded movie on your main TV with surround sound you won’t have it because it was recorded in stereo.

Yeahbutt it ain’t worth the figityness and worry to be switching back and forth. I’ve been watching without that new-fangled surround sound for over half a century now…

`Has this problem been resolved beyond turning of surround recording? I have two Android televisions but I also have a very large home theater that I would like to use surround sound on.

The problem is that your Android TV’s can’t decode the sound…so, the only solution is to make it so that all of your devices can natively decode surround sound, or leave it set to stereo so that all of your devices can decode the audio.

Just to confirm, those are Smart TVs running Android TV as an operating system? As long as you use the Tablo PREVIEW app you should be OK. It’s some Android MOBILE devices (phones/tablets) that still don’t decode 5.1

Thank you, Yes, two Sony televisions running Android OS, I’ll install the PREVIEW app.

Just in case anybody else finds this thread doing a search, the Preview version of Tablo on Android TV does solve the problem with audio.

1 Like