New weather app for Android

Dark Sky is now available for Android. It has been on iPhone. I signed up for the free trial. It seems to be the best I’ve found. It is $2.99 per year. If you move it changes location instantly. Set own kind of weather you want alarms for. Tells you how close nearest perception is. Shows forecast and what time rain is expected.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the info! I think they had an Android version out a few years ago and it just disappeared. Good to know it’s back. I’ll give it a try. Our weather here in the NW is completely micro-climatic (is that a phrase?) so a pinpoint forecast is helpful. Most of the weather apps for my location always give the airport’s info which is several miles away from me and completely irrelevant to my location.

I’ve used Dark Sky on my iPhone for about two years. I’d say it’s good, but not great. I was telling everyone about how great it was until I was in a situation where it really could have helped and its “pinpoint” forecast was way off. I still use it from time to time but no longer tout its reliability. If I were reviewing, I’d give it 2.5 stars. Great to try out the free version, if there is one.