OK. It’s been a year and I’d like to check in with my experiences.
For reference, I have a quad tuner Tablo with a 5 TB drive. I stream to three Apple TV’s, all 4th gen, one 32 GB, one 64GB and the third 4K 64 GB.
My overall experience with your product has been great. I have not experienced most of the problems that have been reported by other users. I have recommended your product every time the topic of OTA TV comes up, as well as got you a mention on the podcast “Today in iOS”.
However, after a year, I’d like to update my wish list. Some of these have been mentioned in other threads, but there’s one I haven’t seen. I’ll list that one first.
- I have recorded all episodes of several older “classic” TV shows and watch them singularly, with a few binge sessions. After watching the entire series, I’d like the ability to bulk mark all as unwatched, rather than by episode. That way when I start watching again, it’s clear where I am in the sequence. I can delete all, why not “unwatch all”?
The rest I’ve either mentioned before or others have in other threads.
2) Wrap the channel guide
3) Channel up/down from current channel. DirecTV Now does this on the Apple TV with a swipe left or right. Maybe you can implement something similar?
4) Dolby 5.1 where available
5) DVR program selection from the Apple TV rather than having to use the iPad or iPhone (you did this for the Sony Android TV, why not Apple?)
6) In fact, all admin functions from the Apple TV (rescan, etc).
7) I’m currently at 1.45 TB of the 5TB disk capacity. It would be nice to be able to backup the drive via a web interface, ftp or otherwise over my network.
Again, I think your development team has done remarkedly well developing a base unit and all of the cross platform clients, with what I think is most likely a small number of people. Looking forward to the new things as they come out. As things are now, I will be most likely staying with your if ATSC 3.0 becomes a reality.
Thanks for the listen.