NEW - Tablo Windows 10/Xbox App Update (v.1.9.9)

@TabloTV - please also say that the mobile apps (Android and iOS) will finally be updated as part of this bigger change?

I can’t share any news on this just yet - but we’re excited to share updates with you as they come. Stay tuned.

There is no “Most Recent” filter available on the Recordings page on the Windows 10 app. Please fix this before http://my.tablotv.com/ no longer works.

2 Likes

AppleTV - for 2020 it had only 2.7% market share. The lowest of the branded devices. Even Tizen had 4X the market share.

It’s more like King Tut’s royal elevator - the shaft. And I stopped using the brower app a few years ago.

Older than what? Where is is the archive of google’s chrome browser.
So in the end, the web based app won’t be discontinued? just not supported? or further developed?

Tablo Apps & Compatible Devices | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo

If you want to keep an eye on the game while working on your PC or MAC laptop, or if you have a Home Theatre PC (HTPC) setup in the basement, you can enjoy live and recorded content from Tablo via the web app at my.tablotv.com.

Make no specifics as to what my HTPC need as an OS… or that a PC is defined as Windows - just needs to support a browser.

May not have supported an operating system but specified a system capable of running a recommended browser.

1 Like

There may have been more to this that anyone ever knew…

Their device is loaded with open source software, they not only include their own agreement, they don’t include the one they agree to include with the software they profit from :frowning_face:

Today there are a couple more categories for TV shows in the Web App that don’t seem to be in the updated Windows 10 App

Web App has “New” and “Genres”

1 Like

@TabloSupport Ok, granted that some things aren’t possible with HTML5 directly, but what about when supplemented with “web extensions” (aka browser extensions)?

FWIW, I use a user-script to auto-skip the firmware update notification from my.tablo.com.

Was about to post the same thing. No “Most Recent” filter on Recordings tab.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ditto this. The “Most Recent” needs to return.

So much for using a Chromebook to watch Tablo.

1 Like

I’ve had a Tablo Dual since 2014 and literally just ordered a replacement today but I’m canceling that order if the web app is not an option anymore - I use it literally every day.

What is really going on here? Browsers aren’t suddenly going to stop supporting h.264 video streams, so there must be a plan afoot to introduce some sort of premium encrypted content that requires copy protection. Nobody wants this, leave the web app alone.

1 Like

as a linux user, i find this response very unsatisfactory. I do hope you reconsider.

2 Likes

Can you use the Android app?

I should have been more specific. I’m using Cloudready on a former Windows laptop. It allows you to run the Chrome OS just like a Chromebook but it doesn’t support Android apps.

@TabloTV, if not done already, an announcement should be displayed when someone uses my.tablotv.com letting them know of its upcoming demise/loss of support. Not all users access these forums.

1 Like

Or at least give them enough time to rip their recordings and jump ship.

1 Like

@TabloTV @TabloSupport anything? all day you had to have anticipated some of these questions and concerns to provide some feedback.

Even the canned “good idea, I’ll pass it on”, it’s on our road map, it’s something we’ve been considering. ? Oh, wow, never thought it’d take down so many users.

You have analytical user data and know how big the minority web app user base is. Not enough to be concerned with in the big picture.

Hi all, here is some additional context and some clarification behind the upcoming changes surrounding the Tablo Web App for Chrome:

First off, the Tablo web app will continue to be maintained and available to all of our users. However due to changes coming in Chrome 93, the Tablo web app running on Chrome 93 and above is blocked from accessing video streams from a Tablo device, even when it’s on the same secure local network.

This is as a result of Chrome 93 enforcing a new rule that disallows communication between the browser and local devices on a secure home network that do not use SSL encryption.

The Tablo records and plays back unencrypted Over the Air Broadcast TV streams. Since the source video is unencrypted, the Tablo sends these streams over the Local LAN unencrypted. The Tablo encrypts control traffic for security but lacks the capability to do real time encryption of high bitrate video streams, as this has been unnecessary in the past.

We understand this Chrome change is disruptive, but the hardware cannot be changed with a software update. Therefore, we have released a new version of the Windows 10 Tablo app that is unaffected by the Chrome 93 browser change for our Windows PC users.

Safari has not yet indicated that they will enforce the same rule, and we expect the Tablo web app to be unaffected in that browser.

For our Linux users, we have validated that the Firefox browser supports most features of the Tablo web app at this time.

7 Likes

thanks for the clarification!

and response :exclamation:

I presume this goes along with a brief discussion Google-Chrome 92 beta doesn’t work with my.tablotv.com, suggest since Edge follows the same development as Chrome now, it too will become disabled :frowning:

Drawbacks

• Not fully supported on all browsers - optimized for Chrome, Safari, and the latest version of Microsoft Edge

We Recommend
Any PC or MAC computer running Chrome, Safari, or Edge will work with the Tablo web app.

It’s never stated it’s explicitly limited to Chrome, and implied - “Not fully supported on all browser” users may user a browser of their choice… knowing it may have limited function.
:fire::fox_face:

:smiley::heart_eyes:
so long live my.tablotv.com web app… well, at least still alive! again thanks for the clarification and the continued life.
Does this also suggest exporting apps will likely still function?

1 Like