NEW - Tablo Roku Channel Update (2.12.0)

Hi folks -

A small update to Tablo’s Roku channel is on the way.

It’s mostly back-end changes to reflect the newest Roku models and the impending ‘retirement’ of REALLY old models along with some small bug fixes.

If you’ve already got the Tablo channel installed, and your ROKU is set to automatic updates you should see version 2.12.0 shortly.

Here’s what you can expect…

Tablo Roku Channel (v. 2.12.0)

• Bug fixes and improvements

NOTE - The minimum Roku OS version requirement is now 9.0.

If you are using a Roku model that has been deemed ‘legacy’ by Roku, you will receive the following warning screen:

Not sure which model of Roku you have? Go to your Roku’s Home screen and select
SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ABOUT > OK

Models that will receive this ‘legacy’ notice are:

• Roku DVP (N1000)
  • Roku SD (N1050)
  • Roku HD (N1100)
  • Roku HD-XR (N1101)
  • Roku HD (2000C)
  • Roku XD (2050X, 2050N)
  • Roku XD (2100X ,2100N)
  • Roku LT (2400X)
  • Roku 2 HD (3000X)
  • Roku 2 XD (3050X)
  • Roku 2XS (3100X)
  • Roku LT (2450X)
  • Roku HD (2500X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3400X, 3420X)

You can read more about the reasons behind the retirement of these old models in the latest Cord Cutting This Week newsletter.

We hope you enjoy this update! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to post a reply below or contact support directly.

1 Like

Well that was interesting.

I installed the new release and rebooted the Roku.

When the app was started for the first time the search failed to find any of my 3 tablo units. Up popped a screen that had (loud) audio implying I might be in an unhealthy relationship with my cable supplier. I bailed on that menu and reloaded the app and all three tablo units were found.

On the setting page the disk space flipped back to original way: from amount used to amount available

While the sports and tv menu have the channels filter as the last option, the movies menu has had the channels and rated filter flipped.

The list output from a channel scan appears to be abled to be traversed as a circular list.