NEW - Tablo Roku Channel Update (2.10.0)

Hi everyone!

A new update for Tablo’s Roku channel is now available.

It includes a longstanding request for a full 14 days of data in the Live TV grid!

If you’d like to test it out, it must be enabled in the settings screen of the Tablo Channel on your Roku.

If you have a slightly older model or a slower home network, you may wish to keep the 1-day guide but those with newer hardware and faster networks can enjoy the full 14 days on a regular basis.

If you have an ancient Roku (i.e. those on the ‘toss’ list here) this feature will be greyed out as your hardware is not fast enough to support it.

Tablo Roku Channel Update (v 2.10.0)

• Adds support for a full 14 days of data within the Live TV Grid
    (requires an active trial/subscription + 2.2.26 firmware)
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

Also worth noting is a new error message screen. If you have a channel with less than awesome reception, you may see a new error screen that looks like this:

We’ve added this to provide more actionable information to users so they can identify channels with problematic reception and either improve their Over-the-Air antenna setup or remove them from their lineup.

Anywho, we hope you enjoy this update! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to post a reply below or contact support directly.

4 Likes

I noticed a little while ago when checking for updates on my Roku that the Tablo app updated… looks like it’s now at version 2.10.0

Anyone else notice? I have yet to fire it up, so I don’t know whether there are any new features, or just performance improvements.

1 Like

Went and checked mine was on 2.9.0. I performed a manual check for updates. Magic - I’m now on 2.10.0

I wish Discussion 2.3.0 beta 9 would bring back my cursor in the Replay menu. Maybe if Tablo would force them to use Beta Commercial Skip it would heal itself.

1 Like

Go to the Settings under Roku, and for fun turn on this little feature called ‘14-day live tv grid’.

It is what it says it is

I would prefer that they fix what got broken in 2.2.26.

The Sports Menu continues to have half baked one line and full descriptions. For RestfullAPI apps the actual recording sometimes doesn’t appear under the show tile until it’s complete. But it does show using HTML app.

This happened on the Monday NHL playoff game. With Roku and Amazon preview app the NHL tile in Recording was empty until the recording was complete. But was usable for HTML apps.

That is nice… I missed the 14 day grid when I switched com satellite, but got used to not having it. But there are times when I wished the grid would go just a little bit further, so this is a welcome new feature. Hope it works in the Chrome web browser also, or soon will.

Love the 14-day guide…few things discovered…after moving off the channel #

(FFW) moves ahead 1.5 hours, can hold down for a fast scroll ahead
(REV) moves back 1.5 hours, can hold down for a fast scroll back
(RETURN) returns to current time

any others?

1 Like

Nice find, hopefully we’ll see a feature list from the Tablo folks in the morning.

14-day grid = AMAZING! Nicely done!

I take no credit for it lol

1 Like

In future consider allowing the user to choose how many days out to display the Live TV grid schedule. 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days. This would accommodate those with slower hardware who still want more than 1 day.

1 Like

Discovered another new feature… In the live TV grid, if you go up to the bar above your first channel and hit the dpad once, you can advance through the grid by 24 hours. How cool is that! And if you hit the FF button, you advance 48 hours!

1 Like

Hey! I just updated mine it was at 9.0.0 and it updated to 9.1.0 Build 4111 and Not 10.0.0
How come ?
I am using a Roku Premiere Plus 4K UHDR? Is it available for this model?

Oh! My God, I Restarted my ROKU fir the 3rd. Time and now I have the 14 Day Guide Function!
I am very happy

Update!

Wow is it ever FAST! This is a Great update,
Please make it available on the Apple TV4 & 5,
NVidia Shields, and All Recent Amazon TV Sticks & TV Cube, XBOX One ? I am testing them all !
at the moment

That is the Roku firmware, not the Tablo app version. That will be displayed in the settings screen of the Tablo Roku Channel.