NEW - Tablo PREVIEW App Update (v. 1.7.2)

Yeah, the Engine is showing updated, and as of a few minutes ago the Preview hasn’t. C’mon Google… expire the CDN cache already. :smiley:

It’s there now!

Great job! Nice to have Preview back. Thanks to the team for getting this out so quickly.

1 Like

Yep, got it this morning! Navigation is working again – Thanks!

Update still not available yet for me.

After the update to 1.7.2 Tablo preview no longer resumes where left off for recorded programs which is one of the main DVR reasons for us. I have 1.7.2 it installed on NVidia Shield and 3 Fire TV devices and all expreience this problem. I also have Mi box for which I don’t allow updates and Preview 1.7 resumes fine. I thing a fix is in order. I should add that the standard Tablo app resumes recording properly but the standard app is SSLLOOWW.

I have 1.7.3.
Does your Tablo pickup where you last paused? Or does it pick up at the beginning, or does it pickup at the present time of the recording in progress?
It supposed to start at the point where you last paused the playback whether it is a recording or it is still recording.

I’m still on 1.7.1

No updated version showing yet.

In the past day, I’ve noticed that when I try to resume playback on a partially watched recording, it resumes from the beginning rather than starting from where it was paused, as it used to do. I’m using Tablo Preview app (1.7.2) on Fire TV stick. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. See here:

Another post about your issue:

Ah - thanks! Does seem to be a bug from the update at least for FireTV devices, then.

I also encounter the issue on my NVIDIA Shield TV.

They are fixing it.

Recently the resume feature stopped working. I don’t know if it was after an update. I am using the Fire Stick and a Tablo 4 tuner.

Read this. Last few posts.

Is there any way to roll back Tablo Preview 1.7.2 to 1.7 so that Resume will work again. Wife is ready to toss the Tablo out without Resume.

Try uninstalling it and side-loading (details here) the old version, which you can get from here.

I would suggest that instead of the traditional boring toss, your wife could start her own watermelon toss. But instead of a watermelon she could use her tablo.

The Watermelon Drop started in 1965 when physics professor Bob Swanson asked the exam question, “What would be the terminal velocity of a watermelon dropped from the seventh floor of Urey Hall, and how far would it splat?”

https://calendar.ucsd.edu/event/55th-annual-watermelon-drop/

Hi,

The resume play is not working on my Tablo Preview Fire TV app. If I try to resume a recording, it automatically starts from the beginning. I’m not having this issue with Roku. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.