NEW - Tablo Preview App Update (v. 1.2.3)

Hi there folks -

We also have an update for Tablo Preview (designed for Android TV and Amazon Fire TV devices) on the way.

Along with some bug fixes, it adds some new options to the ‘keep X’ function introduced in 2.2.18.

Tablo Preview App (v. 1.2.3)

• Adds “Keep 10” and “Keep 20" Recording Options
  • Fix for issue occasionally seen when deleting multiple airings in a short time frame
  • Adds Tablo Cloud DVR management screens (only for Tablo DUAL LITE)
  • Other small fixes and performance improvements

We hope you enjoy this update!

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to drop us a line or comment below.

This release of preview seems much better and is something I might be able to use on a daily basis. The one feature that is missing or I can’t find is sorting recordings to show Most Recent recordings. I assume this has not been added yet.

Correct.

How do I get it on my fire TV? I still have 1.2.1 and it hasn’t offered to upgrade.

edit: I found that the amazon web site will let you pick apps to send to the TV so I’m trying that to force the update.
edit2: it did update almost immediately using that method.

I rarely use my Fire TV stick but I thought I would try 1.2.3 to see if it was any better then 1.2.1 (answer No. For multi-tablo users it’s just as stupid as the previous version)

I have multiple tablo units. So when you start the app you have to select which tablo you want to access( since I always leave my app in disconnect mode).

After I selected a tablo unit and still to my amazement the preview app still launches in Live TV - no matter where you previously exited the app.

So I decided to see if Live TV worked. I right arrowed over onto the actual channel number. And instead of hitting the play button I hit the OK button. That blew the tablo app straight out of both layers and back to the Amazon UI.

Since I would only use the Fire TV stick in an end of world situation maybe that’s how it’s suppose to work.