NEW - Tablo iOS App Update (v. 1.9.2)

Happy Thursday Tablo fans -

A Tablo app update is on the way for your iPhone and iPad. Unlike previous releases, the Tablo app v. 1.9.2 is a universal iOS mobile app which means it can be used on iPad OR iPhone.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR iPHONE USERS
iPhone users today will have an app called Tablo Web App which will also be updated to version 1.9.1 with a few small bug fixes.

However, this app will eventually be removed from the app store in favor of the universal Tablo app (v. 1.9.2) at a later date.

So iPhone users should seek out and install Tablo v. 1.9.2 in order to be ahead of the curve. The only exception is if you’re away from your Tablo’s home network and you need to preserve pairing for Tablo Connect.

You should receive a notification in the App Store shortly.

Here’s what you can expect…

Tablo iOS App Update (v. 1.9.2)

• New universal iOS app
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

If you have any questions or feedback about this update, don’t hesitate to drop us a line or comment below.

Does this update finally bring back the Recent tab to the iOS app?

1 Like

Alas it does not… But we’re doing some major work on the mobile apps over the coming months. This is just the groundwork, so stay tuned…

1 Like

Huzzah! Universal App!!

…and the Scheduled / Coming Soon feature too, please!

3 Likes

Relative to

<<So iPhone users should seek out and install Tablo v. 1.9.2 in order to be ahead of the curve. The only exception is if you’re away from your Tablo’s home network and you need to preserve pairing for Tablo Connect.>>

I have 2 homes and am always away from one of them, and use Tablo Connect to manage the Tablos. I use both iPhones and IPads. So how does this new version impact me?

Good question…

You can install & run both for the time being.

Use 1.9.2 for your ‘now local’ Tablo.

Use 1.9.1 for your ‘now away’ Tablo.

When you return to your ‘away’ Tablo, pair it with the 1.9.2 app and you then then eliminate the 1.9.1 app.

Since the only way to really tell them apart is in the SETTINGS area, I’d recommend placing them on different app ‘pages’ on your device.

Thanks.

Do I properly understand that my iPads at 1.9.2 are already fine with local and remote, and only the iPhone has issues?

That’s correct… the iPad was already using the 1.9.2 version. This is the first step in merging the two code bases.

Just so I have this strait… The new v 1.9.2 app for iPhone can be used “OUTSIDE” of my local network, Correct?

Once the new Tablo app for iPhone v 1.9.2 is downloaded / installed / and connected to my Tablo while on my local network I can then “DELETE” the previous iPhone Tablo app v 1.9.1 - Correct?

Finally, there is nothing I need to do with the iPad other then make sure it is updated to v 1.9.2 - Correct?

Just so I have this strait… The new v 1.9.2 app for iPhone can be used “OUTSIDE” of my local network, Correct?

Once the new Tablo app for iPhone v 1.9.2 is downloaded / installed / and connected to my Tablo while on my local network I can then “DELETE” the previous iPhone Tablo app v 1.9.1 - Correct?

Finally, there is nothing I need to do with the iPad other then make sure it is updated to v 1.9.2 - Correct?

That’s right.

Previously the apps were split… one for iPad (1.9.2) and one for iPhone (1.9.1)…

Now the 1.9.2 app can be used on both iPad and iPhone.

Since you need to retain pairing to your ‘remote’ Tablo on your iPhone, you’ll want to keep 1.9.1. around to access it since the pairing data is part of the app.

You’ll need to continue to have both until you can pair your iPhone with the 1.9.2 app the next time you’re at your other home.

1 Like

(but nothing, be it app or browser, will save you on a Gen3 or below)

Quick update on this…

We have removed the Tablo web app (1.9.1) from the app store as of today. If you still have the app you can continue to use it for the time being but you won’t be able to download it again if you delete it.

The universal Tablo app for iPhone and iPad (v. 1.9.2) is the app everyone should be using moving forward.