NEW - Tablo HDMI Firmware Update (v. 2.2.42)

Hi there Tablo family!

A new firmware release for Tablo DUAL HDMI and Tablo QUAD HDMI DVRs is on the way!

(This release is NOT for network-connected Tablo DVRs .)

Of note, this release is being distributed in a staged rollout over the course of this week. A small number of customers will receive the update today, with more added to the rollout every weekday.

Once your Tablo HDMI has been included in the update, a notification should pop up in your Tablo’s interface, but you can check for and process the update immediately if applicable by going to SETTINGS > ABOUT > CHECK FOR FIRMWARE UPDATE.

While there aren’t a ton of customer-facing changes in this release, there are a lot of bug fixes and updates under the hood which should provide an improved overall experience.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo HDMI Firmware Update (v. 2.2.42)

• Improvements to ensure subscription status retention in the event of back-end server outages
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

As well, the privacy policy regarding the device and viewing data your Tablo DVR shares with us has been updated. Please see tablotv.com/privacy for details.

NOTE: Post-upgrade database processes (if needed) may take several minutes to complete. During this time the LED will be blinking. Do not power down the Tablo until the LED is solid again.

About This Release

Aside from the under the hood bug fixes and improvements, the other big change in this release is a new SETTINGS menu toggle for viewing data and a related update to our privacy policy.

Once you update to 2.2.42, you can enable or disable the sharing of viewing data with us within the SETTINGS screen of your Tablo as well as all Tablo HDMI-compatible Tablo apps under ABOUT> VIEWING DATA.

This brings the Tablo HDMI in line with our network-connected Tablos which have already added this toggle as well.

The setting is global so it does not need to be adjusted on every app/platform if you choose to change it.

While we may share this data with trusted partners for operational reasons, we still do not and will not sell your information to third-party data brokers. That hasn’t changed.

With this update we will now start collecting additional data around viewing habits on your Tablo like whether you watch more live TV than recorded TV or are viewing at home or remotely and the types of programs being viewed.

Like the basic device-level data we already collect, it will be viewed in aggregate and used to monitor interactions of Tablo DVRs with apps and infrastructure at Tablo HQ and to make overall business decisions.

The exception is information accessed by our support team on your behalf to assist you with troubleshooting and subscription account inquiries or to improve your experience with our apps or our websites.

For tips & tricks on successful firmware updates, head over to the Knowledge Base.

If you have any feedback or questions about this release, please post them below.

If you need support assistance, place a ticket and we’ll touch base with you soon.

I can’t wait.

Are problems with the tuner included in the new Viewing Data system? I would like my system to report all of the problems that I have with the Tablo Tuner in my Dual HDMI unit.
Thanks,
Scott

It’s not troubleshooting data, it’s viewing habits.

@e645824 Hi there. The Viewing Data toggle simply allows us to collect data on viewing habits. If you are having any problems or errors, this toggle will not report that. You will still need to contact support in those circumstances.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.