NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

Now I’m bricked. Did update over and hour later nothing still blinking blue. Great

@ghaydu I’m sure the situation isn’t quite that dire. Drop a note to support and we’ll get you fixed up: www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo/

Yup did that also waiting

I’m having reception issues on one channel since (I think) the 2.2.28 update. I had a 4+ year old two tuner that worked great, but suddenly I was getting strange artifacts (jittery video and shifts in red/green colors) on one channel. I thought it was time to upgrade, so I got a new quad and hard drive. Set everything up and the same channel is causing problems but now it’s just jitters and stuttering. Recordings eventually fail, live TV eventually hangs the unit is non-responsive for a few minutes.

-I rescanned channels
-Tried different recording and live stream quality
-Signal strength is full on all channels
-other channels appear OK, no problem
-unfortunately, I did not get to try the new unit with the older firmware

Any ideas?

It sounds like the reception quality has dipped for your channel, which isn’t uncommon. It’s possible the channel was moved during the OTA repack. Do you get the same results for this channel directly on your television?

If you send a note to our support team they can take some closer measurements of the signal strength for you. However, I believe this will likely come down to improving your antenna’s signal to this channel. We have some tips on how to do this here.

1 Like

It’s my strongest channel, no issues connected to the TV directly. Signal quality seems really unlikely. Again, this started with the latest firmware (almost 5 years with no problems).

After troubleshooting, it’s clear that tuning that channel actually “crashes” that Tablo. I tune the channel for about 30 seconds, then the artifacts start, and if I leave it the unit goes unresponsive and reboots.

I have a new Tablo Quad I am using via Fire TV. I just updated the Tablo to firmware 2.2.28. Since doing the update my TV guide loads very slowly and constantly reloads after changing stations. I’ve also noticed if I make any menu selection it takes much longer than with the prior firmware. Tablo Support didn’t have any idea as to why this was happening and told me to reinstall the app. I did and it did not help. Anyone else having these kinds of issues with the new firmware?

1 Like

Sounds like the 14-day Live TV Grid feature is enabled:

Turning off the Enhanced 14-Day Live TV Grid did not resolve the very long delayed TV guide and menu selection loading. This appears to be something directly related to the recent firmware update. Anyone else experiencing issues with the new update?

1 Like

The new firmware 2.2.28 is an absolute disaster. Freezing, disconnecting, partial and multiple recordings of the same programs. Terrible interface. Please fix this or allow a rollback to the previous firmware. It’s useless right now.

2 Likes

Ditto. Terrible update. Please fix this immediately. I’m beginning to regret my Tablo investment.

2 Likes

I have problems, also on firmware 2.2.28 with Tablo 4-Tuner OTA, Seagate Expansion 5GB drive. Tablo now freezes and reboots. Records in 1 to 3 minutes sections of the same program. I have opened a case with Tablo support

1 Like

I have had the same issue. Records several instances of the same program for just a few seconds. Unwatchable.
This issue needs to be elevated to a high priority fix. At least a response to admit there is a fix being worked on!

1 Like

Having similar problems:

• connecting to the Tablo takes ages with the new app
  • menu takes way more time to load

• it opens the show then sits there with a paused screen for another 20 seconds before starting to play.

• The menu labels are difficult to read on the new app too (white on this bright blue with the contrasting dark blue on the menu).

• My bluetooth headphones don’t work with this either. They work fine with every other app on our Firestick, including the Tablo Preview app, but not this update.

This is terrible.

1 Like

The 2.2.28 firmware was released back in February. @Larry_Florence, @Chris_Schlough, @mo1975, was the 2.2.28 firmware not installed on your Tablo units until now for whatever reason or have you been having these problems since then?

@troutteaser There are not any changes in the .28 update that we believe would impact guide loading times.

@Larry_Florence These sounds like a mixture of connectivity and reception issues - we’d be happy to confirm this and help you get things patched up.

@Chris_Schlough I can see your case with our team - expect a response shortly!

@mo1975 This sounds like you’re referring to the recent Fire TV app update and not the Tablo’s 2.2.28 firmware. Please don’t hesitate to share your feedback here: NEW & Improved Tablo App for Fire TV & Android TV (2.0.0 - AKA Un-PREVIEW)

As @Nilex mentioned, the 2.2.28 firmware update has been out for few months now and has been quite stable. Please give our support team a shout; our team can investigate any issues you’re having and help you get things up and running.

I’m referring to the latest app for Fire TV. Nothing but problems since the app was implemented. I did not have any problems with the older app.

Understood. My confusion was you posted in the firmware announcement post and it didn’t seem your specific issue was necessarily related to the this firmware update.

Blame us for that one… We had moved these comments from a thread started about 2.2.28 issues.

it is unknown when I got the .28 update, but the problems just started within the last few days.