NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.26

[Un]Fortunately, no recent recording has exhibited this behavior. Whatever the cause, it seems to have stopped for now…

The most common error I have that I suspect is guide related is Saturday night “live”. My Tablo has extended the recording on it many times and I suspect that it’s because “live” is in the title. I assumed it came down to a human level data entry error but I’ve never complained because it’s not that big a deal. The other problem with the same show is that the Tablo frequently records old episodes when only new episodes are supposed to record.

SNL switched over to “Live” broadcasts. Meaning that they are not a broadcast of a pre-recorded episode.

So they are classified as live. On the West Coast this shows up at 9:30PM PDT. The show also is broadcast at 11:30 PDT and classified not as Live.

I didn’t think it was broadcast live but was just in front of a live audience. My Tablo treats them as live seemingly at random and tapes old episodes seemingly at random.

After actually looking it up it should actually be live in my time zone during the season. I’m not sure where I got the false impression it wasn’t.

Well that makes me fee a little dumb. :upside_down_face:

I think SNL switched to Live in they middle of the season to add a little zest to the show.

And while I started watching SNL from the beginning in the 1970’s, I had to stop. It lacks comedy and is mostly politics. It’s almost more painful then watching straight 8 hours of The View.

2 Likes

@TabloTV FYI to save bandwidth, CREATE is a a PBS subchannel as is PBSKIDS, so you might want to add them to the list not checked.

@beastman CREATE should already be filtered at the network level.

Wasn’t sure.

Are PBS programs upload for processing and once determined that it is a program not eligible for commercial skip set back with the not eligible message or are they marked prior to being uploaded, thus not requiring upload? The latter would certainly eliminate a bit of data flow, especially for those people with a data cap.

No need to upload it. The Tablo already knows what the program is and what channel it was on.

Network and program type filtering are done at the Tablo device level, meaning those recordings will NOT be uploaded to the Commercial Skip Server for processing.

Filtering by show is done at the Commercial Skip Server level for now, as we gather data to improve processing of cartoons and other shows with unique characteristics.

This is good to know. As a new Tablo user, I like knowing that i’ll get a pop up when an update is available.:hugs::tada: