NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.24

Happy Tuesday Tablo fans -

A new Tablo maintenance firmware update is coming your way. Like all Tablo firmware updates, this is being distributed in a staged rollout, with the majority of users receiving the update after the American Thanksgiving long weekend.

When your DVR is eligible for the update, a notification will pop up in your Tablo app.

There are no new features included in this maintenance update, but it does correct issues that a small number of customers have been experiencing.

Hereā€™s what you can expectā€¦

Release Notes for Tablo Firmware 2.2.24

ā€¢ Fix for rare issue where Tablo could select an incorrect audio track for a broadcast
ā€¢ Fix for rare issue where Tablo could get stuck in an ā€˜SOS blinkā€™ state
ā€¢ Fix for rare issue where recordings would be missed
ā€¢ Improvements to fast forward preview generation for recordings with poor reception
ā€¢ Other reliability and performance enhancements

NOTE: Post-upgrade database processes (if needed) may take several minutes to complete. During this time the LED will be blinking. Do not power down the Tablo until the LED is solid again.

marge_vacuuming

For tips and tricks on successful firmware updates head over to the Knowledge Base.

If you have any feedback or questions about this release, please post them below.

If you need support assistance, place a ticket and weā€™ll be in touch.

Just ran the update on original 2 tuner model, completed in about 2 minutes. So far, everything is working great.

It would be nice if as part of the upgrade experience it would say ā€œyou have X recordings that may be interrupted and x active tuners. Would you like to schedule this update for X:00 instead?ā€

I donā€™t know how long mine took but darn was it fast. I only have around 300 recordings I believe so the database must have updated quick too. Tablo seems responsive.

1 Like

I found the easiest thing to do is, that when prompted at connect time for a firmware upgrade, always select later.

Then you can evaluate when the upcoming scheduled recording are taking place. I then use the check for firmware button in the settings menu to trigger the upgrade.

1 Like

Since applying the update a couple days ago. I have seen my roku client and my Xbox client disconnect and reconnect in the middle of playing a recorded show several times. Iā€™ve only had the tablo for a a month or so, but I had not seen this happen previously.

I have noticed that when I am skipping commercials by watching the fast forward frames and when I believe the commercials are done, resuming the program restarts the show (Audio & Video) ahead of where I thought the commercials ended. To resume properly I have to backtrack the commercials, stopping and starting to find where the program restarts. This tends to worsen as the program proceeds. 1 Hour show near the end can be off about 15 seconds.
Tablo Ver 2.2.24
My explanation may be as clear as mud, but earlier versions were not this way.

The frames are 10 second skips? So it wonā€™t be exact.

I agree thatā€™s the way it should be, But i am having to go back 3 to 4 frames to find the program restart. Did not used to be this way.

What playback device is this?

I am trying the Roku now and it works fine.

Thatā€™s funny. I primary use Roku and what I noticed with 2.2.24 is that a resume can be 10-90 seconds before the last viewed position.

As an extremely simplified example, If you were view/playing at the 60 minute mark and then used the pause button to be latter resumed it would resume fairly close to 60 minute mark.

But if you use the Roku back button the resume might be at the 58-59(or more) seconds before the 60 minute mark.

But Iā€™m sure their are more important issues in life.

Roku model 4630X
Channel Version 2.8.0
Software ver 9.0.0 build 4084

Tablo sn# LD-B040146

Same thing was happening to me with one channel, but only when the channel was not clear with a lot of pixelisation. Now that the channel is working fine the problem is gone.

Maybe unrelated, however, for the last few weeks I have noticed the ā€œspinning circleā€ a lot on ALL my Roku players. I see it when usually I would see the loading bar at the bottom, I think. Also noticed on my older Roku players, Roku-1 and 1st gen stick, shows are unwatchable. ā€œSpinning circleā€ (not the ā€œloading barā€) every 20 seconds or so. Admittedly I record at 1080p @ 8 Mbps, and this has worked in the past. I dropped to 720 @ 5 Mbps, little change. I moved swapped unit locations in case it was wifi related, (though worst point was -55db) and the problem follows the players.
My hardwired Roku-3, Wireless Roku-2 and wireless Express work okay, just my two older units.
Does the Tablo app on Roku use a lot of processor overhead, or has this changed with newer versions? Could my old units just not be up the job anymore?
I ask this here as I think this started with the updateā€¦I think!

I had this problem today. However, my wife bought be a wireless headphone setup that runs on 2.4Ghz. When I turned the ā€œbaseā€ device off, all was well again. The only thing I noticed that was affected by the thing was my Tablo though. Beware of wives bearing wireless giftsā€¦

1 Like

I will check but not aware of any new 2.4Ghz devices. If I move the stick to the physical location of the express, the problem follows the player. Both are on 2 .4Ghz.