NEW - Tablo Android Mobile & Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 1.8.6)

Happy Tuesday Tablo fans -

An update is on the way for Android mobile devices and the ORIGINAL app for Amazon Fire TV/Android TV.

You should receive a Play Store notification for Android devices shortly. Amazon Fire TV devices will update automatically when the app is available.

Here’s what you can expect…

Tablo Android Mobile & Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v.1.8.6)

To disable Tablo Automatic Commercial Skip on a per-recording basis from within the playback screen on mobile, toggle the Commercial Skip icon in the top right hand corner. On Amazon Fire TV/Android TV or press and hold the SELECT button.

We hope you enjoy Automatic Commercial Skip on these new devices/platforms!

If you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment below or drop us a line.

1 Like

If I’m using a “setting” within the playback screen, I’m not disabling commercial skip processing… just the use of it? after the processing has been enabled through the program (show)?

Correct, it’s turned off for playback, not for processing.

1 Like

Thanks! Works well, so far!

I thought the OG Fire TV app wasn’t getting “big” updates anymore?

I only ask cause the video player in the OG Fire TV app doesn’t playback recordings with surround sound audio properly. The video either freezes or stutters. The Preview app plays back surround sound recordings just fine.

As the only the OG app still supports Tablo Connect, any chance of fixing it to playback recordings with surround sound?

Thanks!

The only reason it got Automatic Commercial Skip is because we needed to add it to the overall codebase for mobile apps which this one technically is.

1 Like

I turn commercial skip on and off every day because I don’t want to tie up my internet connection with commercial skip processing for shows that I don’t want processed. However when using the Android Mobile app and I play back a recording, commercial skip will not work on recordings that have been successfully processed unless it is currently turned on. When using the Roku app, it doesn’t matter if commercial skip is on or off when playing the recording.

Also, there needs to be some type of visual indication of which shows have successfully been processed similar to Roku’s yellow dot and check mark. Currently there is no way of determining this without playing the recording with commercial skip turned on and visually looking at the progress bar for the yellow bars. Playing the recording with commercial skip turned off doesn’t show any indication that the recording has been processed for commercial skip.

That’s my issue. I’ve had limited experience testing commercial skip, but the minority of users without super high speed internet (part of the reason we have always had OTA) can’t have our bandwidth used “when ever”.

If/when there’s some option to allow some “scheduling”, as with the suggesting for overnight guide update and maintenance – that would be a big leap and I’d pay the $20yr and put up the the annual billing others feel is too much to bear.