NEW - Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.10 & 2.1.11)

Hi there Tablo fans -

A Tablo app update is on the way for those who use Amazon Fire TV or Android TV devices.

If you have automatic updates enabled on your streaming device or Smart TV, you should see the update in the coming days.

REMINDER - Everyone should be using the app called Tablo (and not Tablo PREVIEW). All new active development is being done on the main Tablo app and Tablo PREVIEW has now been removed from the app store.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Amazon Fire TV & Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.10)

• Improvements to remote streaming video playback via Tablo Connect
  • Bug fixes and improvements

NOTE - The minimum supported Tablo firmware version for these apps is now 2.2.32.

Tablo Amazon Fire TV & Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.11)

• Fix for Live TV Grid Guide rendering issue

As usual, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

The Live TV guide is messed up after the update. The titles fade out after a few letters.

Before

After

1 Like

I don’t often access the Live TV grid so I hadn’t noticed this yet but, I’m seeing the same behavior on a Chromecast with Google TV.

I only caught this because I have 2 Tivo Stream 4k’s running Android TV. I updated the first one and noticed the guide didn’t look right, so I took before and after pictures of the second one.

By the way, the Disconnect option on the app is way down on the bottom of the Settings menu, which makes it a pain to switch between two Tablos. Is there another way to switch between Tablos, or could the Disconnect option be moved to the side menu like on the phone and PC apps?

For the fire tv stick app this is a change they made to the preview app just before they rolled it to replace the regular app. Probably 8-12 months ago. I got tired of bitching about it. Of course you should also discover that if you disconnect(in the setting page) when you re-enter any of your tablos you will be in the settings page - nice.

Same problem here with the TV guide as illustrated by u230148. Tablo needs to pull this update and fix.

Not quite sure I agree. It’s a visual issue, and you can click on the show title to view the full title text. Seems like a small follow-up update to resolve this issue would be sufficient.

I problem only exists on the 14 day guide. I unchecked that option, and the 24 hour guide has complete titles.

This problem just started in the last few days and only happens on Fire TV sticks, not on Roku devices. Seems like when I enable 14 day live TV grid that triggers the problem, program names get cut off in the TV live grid. Disable the 14 day feature and the program names appear correctly. I have two fire TV sticks and they both have this issue.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Fire stick app 2.1.10
Tablo Firmware 2.2.38

1 Like

Same issue. Only on Android TV. Roku is fine.

Yep, same here. I don’t use my Fire Stick much and had the 14 day grid off so I probably wouldn’t have noticed this. Mine is the latest version 4K Stick.

Hi folks - Another teensy update is on the way (v. 2.2.11) to fix the rendering issue with the Live TV Grid guide.

@TabloTV Is the new version actually 2.1.11 as opposed to 2.2.11?

I just installed a 2.1.11 app update that does appear to resolve the Live TV guide rendering issue.

@Nilex Yep - sorry for the typo. Glad it did the trick!

Just reinstalled on my Fire Stick but version 2.1.10 was downloaded. How/Where do i get the .11?

The only way I’ve found to force an update on Android TV is to go to the Google Play Store and search for Tablo as if you’re doing an install. It’ll do an update since it’s already installed.

I did an update today and the guide is fixed. I’d still like to see Disconnect moved to the main menu, but I see this has been suggested by several users for about a year now, so it’s either complicated or not a priority.

Update just appeared on the Amazon Appstore. Works great.
Thanks Tablo.

1 Like