NEW - (Original) Tablo Amazon Fire TV App Update (v. 1.7.4)

Hi folks -

An update for the original Tablo app for Amazon Fire TV devices is on the way.

This fixes the remote streaming quality drop down for users of Tablo Connect so you can access your Tablo at your preferred streaming quality on your summer vacation.

Thanks so much for your patience on this one!

Tablo Amazon Fire TV App Update (v. 1.7.4)

• Fix for Remote Streaming Quality drop down
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to post a reply below or contact support directly.

1 Like

Haven’t seen it yet but hoping it fixes the reoccurring playback error “Your tuner has been reassigned or your device has lost temporarily lost connection with your Tablo”

It’s unlikely you would be seeing this error message without one of those two things happening.

If you’re seeing this consistently and you’re not attempting to do more things than you have tuners for at the time, drop a note to support. There may be connectivity issues between your Fire TV device and your router or your Tablo and your router.

Does this replace Tablo Preview? I noticed that Preview did not get this update.

Nope.

Tablo PREVIEW will eventually totally replace this app and is the preferred app for all Tablo users right now.

However, folks that rely on Tablo Connect or need to set manual recordings can and should still use this app for those requirements since they are not yet available on the original Tablo app for Fire TV.

You can read all about Tablo PREVIEW here:

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/new-preview-tablo-app-amazon-fire-tv-android-tv/

I will continue to isolate the issue before contacting support.

Buffering is worse than ever with this upgrade. I tried 1 meg to full and they all look the same. I tried different channels and they all buffer. Tried Chromecast and it buffers also but not as bad. I’ve updated my router firmware.

I’ve set up news programs to only keep 1 episode. The tablo keeps ALL episodes. I tried deleting and rescheduling and will see what happens.

Any chance those recordings could be failing? Failed and partial recordings don’t count towards ‘keep X’ numbers.

I’ll doublecheck. I had some reception problems, but no failures. I believe the reception is fixed now, I’ll see what happens over the next few days.