New Option for Lady Cord Cutters! (Just Kidding)

I just signed up for the new Philo TV service. It was just released for Fire TV and Apple TV two days ago. I say it’s for ladies because there are no sports and no news. What you get is a lot of the cable channels (that your wives may be missing) for $16.00 a month. So far I’m loving it. You can “save” programs for 30 days or watch live. There are a few commercials, but it’s not bad.

If you’re interested and decide to sign up, PM me for a referral code. We both get $5 off (first week is free anyway).

I’ve been binge watching Deadliest Catch all day. One of the few programs on cable that I’ve missed!

These are the available channels:

A&E
AMC
Animal Planet
AXS TV
BBC America
BBC World News
BET
Cheddar
Cheddar Big News
CMT
Comedy Central
Discovery
DIY Network
Food Network
FYI
GSN
HGTV
IFC
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime
Lifetime Movies
MTV
MTV2
Nickelodeon
OWN
Paramount Network
PeopleTV
Science Channel
Sundance TV
Nick Jr.
Tastemade
TeenNick
History Channel
TLC
Travel Channel
TV Land
Velocity
VH-1
Vineland
WE TV

You can get about 10 more channels for $20 a month.

1 Like

@MsMetaP

Thanks for Posting

Chas

thanks. i just signed up for the trial. $16.00/month isn’t a bad deal.

Lady Cord Cutter fail… no Hallmark channel.

:cry:

We’re so deep in the cord-cutting lifestyle, that even $16 is too much for mostly channels we don’t watch. My wife has informed me, however, that when Scripps/Discovery come out with their $5.99 subscription service that just has the Scripps/Discovery channels – we’re subscribing.

I thought the end of ‘Fixer Upper’ would have cooled that desire of hers … but live and learn.

I love Philo. I give them four bucks more the the other nine channels (Destination America, Logo, Lifetime, etc.). Don’t need the sports and this is a good mix and variety of stations. Also - Philo works with ALL individual station apps in both Roku and Fire TV (Discovery Go, Food network, Travel Channel, etc.).

after signing up for the trial, i watched something on hgtv on my iphone. but i haven’t had time to even try it on the roku. if you have tried it on roku or fire tv, how well does it work?

Philo works very well on Roku, much better than DirectvNow. Also new on AppleTV, but haven’t tried Firestick.

Three Hallmark channels now and my wife is happy. Hallmark plus TLC keeps my wife happy.

Thanks to Cord Cutter News for bringing this to my attention before the Holiday season. I was already spending about $60 with Amazon to buy the two Hallmark shows that my wife considered essential.

They also have Lifetime and Lifetime Movie channels in addition to the three Hallmarks. They’re up to 56 stations on the $20 package now.

The do not have cloud DVD but you can select almost any show and they will save it for 30 days and you can watch it any time during that 30 days. Kind of like On Demand but you have to mark it as as Saved to keep it available. You can not save online shows that have already started, but you can rewind them to the beginning.