NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

I hate to be the bad egg here, but 2.2.8 has solved all of my problems. LPW are gone. Watched two episodes of the Tonight Show and FF many parts and no reboots.

I also noticed that the Tablo handles macroblocking better now, it will display it with out going into LPW mode.

Also the recoding tab loads in about 1 - 2 seconds. Much Much better.

I have 2 Roku3’s both on OS7, using 5GHz wireless N and the tablo is hardwired to the router. The Router is the Netgear N8000 AC.

Looks like the update broke my system. I can not log in to my.tablotv.com or from my roku 3 (wired) or 4 (wifi) or from my Samsung tablet or google chrome. I have powered down the entire system 3 times, no help. I have sent 2 service request and no response from the help desk other than an acknowledge of receipt. My advice is don’t upgrade if you have a working system, wait till they get the BUGS out, unless you have a backup system.

Well I finely broke down and did a hard reset. Now the system works, kind of, I lost all my recordings and the clock is 1 hour fast. The hard drive shows 1/3 used does anyone know how to recover the recordings and fix the clock.

Anyone who is having issues with 2.2.8 should touch base with us: http://bit.ly/1w8BrBw

@elworks - If you sent two emails before receiving a reply it is possible that you unintentionally moved yourself down in the queue. I’ll let the team know you’re having new issues now because of your reset.

1 Like

xxxccc

xxxccc

1 Like

@elworks. Inexplicably (as in, what were they thinking?), when you do a hard reset, you lose the space for good. There is no option to reformat or erase the drive. You will need to format the drive on a computer (any format will do), then return it to the Tablo.

It’s not necessarily a ‘to what’ type of thing… and using ‘approved code’ isn’t necessarily ‘right’ or ‘good’. Software is very often a ‘think outside the box’ type of thing. Modern web development started out as a ‘hack’ that allowed web pages (display of documents) to ‘do things’… which eventually evolved into Java.

Using Microsoft coding standards… isn’t always ‘best’ either. Even though they are the dominant player… you’ve probably noticed that even they regularly screw things up in products they release to the public.

This solution would be a scenario where you just keep ‘rearranging’ your code until until ‘what you’re doing’ doesn’t cause the Roku to reboot. In software… for every problem… there are hundreds of possible solutions.

Considering I’ve been using the Roku daily from nearly the beginning… and have never seen any other channel reboot the Roku, at a minimum there is a way to improve stability… even if you are correct that other channels do on occasion reboot… which I’m still not convinced is true.

1 Like

The space on the hard drive is not ​lost for good. The files are cleaned up after the Tablo restarts.

For those of you not stuffing your faces with turkey at the moment, we’ll be releasing another batch of Tablos to receive the 2.2.8 update momentarily.

2 Likes

xxxccc

xxxccc

Whether you find it ‘inconceivable’ or not is not relevant to me, you see, I KNOW it is true.

And NOW we understand each other.

After attempting to install the upgrade, my Tablo is sitting flashing its blue LED rapidly and getting nowhere for the last 30 min. I tried a soft reboot, but the same result.
What next?

@Gerry_Cobley - Sorry to hear that. If you’re connected via WiFi, your Tablo may have lost its connection to the router. You may need to re-add it using these steps: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/201211169-Connecting-Tablo-to-Wi-Fi-with-PC

It’s connected via ethernet. Should I disconnect that?

OK.
FYI
Looks like while the reset did not help, cycling the power did the trick.
Gerry

1 Like

Interesting. That wasn’t my experience when I replaced my defective Tablo. @elworks Are you seeing the space being reclaimed?

Lol :slight_smile: