NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

I updated about 5 days ago and everything seems ok.

I mostly export shows and will often playback via EyeTV on my mac connected to HDTV so I can just point a remote and skip commercials.

And/or, load onto my iPhone for traveling or stream to watch from afar when the pairing hasn’t failed.

RE: Pairing - this update didn’t break any IOS pairing that I could tell. My iPhone went AWOL just as I arrived in CA for Thanksgiving weekend. I had not update to 2.2.8 yet.

iPhone just lost it (pairing) although iPad and Laptop continued to be paired and worked well enough until I got back to NY and re-paired before updating FW. After the FW update iPhone (or ipad/laptop) didn’t need to be paired again.

@TabloTV my LPW issues started on my Roku 3 immediately after the last Roku Firmware 7 update while I was still on 2.2.2 firmware. Every show we watch even ones that were previously recorded have one LPW within the first 10 minutes of starting a show. Every single one. But this did not start with 2.2.8 firmware. My setup is all hard wired with gigabit switch between Tablo and Roku.

No. I take my cues from the frequently wrong, and equally often completely ineffective advice you shell out here. It’s almost comical that you would point this out in a post that devolved into goo, already.

Nothing is comical about it. You want humour, go to a comedy club.

It is my business to ask you to refrain from contaminating the forums with toxic posts.

@TabloTV Can’t someone get rid of this guy? He bounces from one topic to another and has never made a positive contribution!

2 Likes

He has made some valuable contributions to other threads, though I don’t know why cord cutters like to argue so much, you would think we were all lawyers. It has been slightly better since Philsoft supernova’d a few days back. That being said, no one should tell @theuser86 he isn’t helpful-he is one of the most helpful forum members we have.

1 Like

I am NOT addressing @theuser86!!!

1 Like

@sodaman_2000 I know you weren’t addressing @theuser86. I was saying that I appreciate @Adam comments, but that I think that @theuser86 is generally helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks @getcashmoney

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Folks - I’ve had to say this waaaaaaaaaaaaay too often these days for a forum full of adult men, but can we please try to focus on the product and not spend time slinging mud at eachother?

Say what you’d like about the product or the company, but name calling and personal attacks are NOT allowed. We try to go easy on the moderation side but if you’re not willing to play by the rules we’ll ask you to leave.

5 Likes

I’m sure you meant to say “adult men and women”?

Hi @TabloTV

maybe I should have posted this here, I’m not too sure if it’s related to 2.2.8 that’s why I was hesitant but maybe we can discuss my sync topic instead? :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Sync issue with Apple TV:

Adult men and a small handful of women… :slight_smile:

Adult men read serious books and journals…not play with electronic toys and gadgets… :relieved:

Spoken like a true diplomat…Lester B. Pearson would be proud.

Bashing of other members for any reason is inappropriate, so personally I’m thinking it’s time to take a harder stand on this area of moderation.

Just my 2 cents worth.

1 Like

Add wireless remotes thar aren’t IR to the list

I am running 2.2.8. I’ve been swapping emails with your support team. They have not asked for my logs.

Running 2.2.8 here now both on Roku 3 (wired) and Original Chromecast.

Really prefer the Roku interface, but do have some auto rewind issues and an occasional buffer or issue with the slow choppy feed. Not major and I can live with it for now at least.

Chromecast is actually a much smoother feed, even though Wireless N 2400, but I really don’t like the interface as much and miss the thumbnails.