NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

@Clint - Please touch base with our support team so we can get you fixed up: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Everything that Kaizen has stated is consistent with my familyā€™s Tablo experience. A phenomenal concept allowing us to stream the TV shows to each room, patio outside with an iPad, etc. But the intermittent performance is quite frustrating.

My wife doesnā€™t touch the remote for fear of the thing locking up and pausing, loading please wait, Roku reboot, etc. In addition, taping shows near the time of a football game is challenging, seems like selecting the shows off the TV menu on Roku sometimes doesnā€™t allow a record option, it just spins, etc.

We have the 2.2.8 firmware, but still observing issues. We can easily get the Roku to go on the fritz by moving forward or backward then quickly selecting play. In response to this, we wait about 5 seconds before selecting play which is unnecessary.

We use a combination of hard-wired Ethernet and Wifi with multiple Roku3 units. 2 tuner and 4 tuner tablos, all having these quirks, even after the latest update.

So while Iā€™m not trying to make it sound like a trivial technical problem to solve, it would be helpful if Tablo either re-diverted internal resources or sought external ā€œguruā€ consultant engineering assistance to solve these annoying technical challenges. We all want Tablo to succeed since the concept is great - just focus on getting the bread and butter working right as many of us are reaching our tolerable limits.

Steve D.

1 Like

David was able to help me get connected back to my network. For some reason, my Tablo just dropped connection. Thatā€™s never happened to me since I bought it back in March (or was it February)? But Iā€™m connected again and was able to successfully update to 2.2.8. Thanks @TabloSupport and thanks David!

3 Likes

I can attest that David was very patient and professional when he troubleshot the remote connect issue with me. Heā€™s one of the best tech support persons that I ever worked with :wink:

1 Like

David helped me months ago with a sudden hard reset issue. He was very knowledgable, and a great example of Tabloā€™s truly exceptional people and service.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got my money on the little guy in the blue helmet.

I second that emotion. Iā€™ve resolved all former issues with Nexus player. FF now smooth as butter. Still using 2.2.6 only now itā€™s working flawlessly. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll go for 2.2.8. If it aint broke, donā€™t fix it!

2 Likes

David says thank you for all the kudos folks! Weā€™ll make sure to give him some grief too so he doesnā€™t get a big head :wink:

1 Like

I havenā€™t comment for a while, but I am on 2.2.8 as well and have experienced similar LPWs and sluggishness at times when FF. Yesterday in particular was bad, with a two times completely black screen for a few seconds then an LPW that would not buffer up. Exiting out of Tablo on the Roku and going back in cleared it up though.

Not going to speculate whatā€™s going onā€¦hopeful Tablo guys are able to see and reproduce all these issues and get fixes in place.

It seems that an exit of the app on Roku, or a reboot of the Tablo makes it pretty consistent that the next couple shows watched play well. Maybe some quick code update that flushes everything (whatever that actually means?!) right before any show is started and after stopped could go a long way to minimize issues.

I am perfectly fine with that sort of process as a bandaid even if it takes a few seconds before and after watching a show. It would replace the frustration experienced during shows which is far greater.

1 Like

Just want to say that I, too, am still getting LPW, sporadic slow FF, and Roku 3 crashes after the 2.2.8 update.

To folks who are still having issuesā€¦ have you gone through a full reboot cycle? (Router, Tablo, Roku in that order.)

Iā€™ve been lurking since I bought my Tablo Quad in September and appreciate all the info Iā€™ve gleaned from everyoneā€™s posts so I thought I would share my update 2.2.8 experience. I am not in the IT field, just someone who was done paying Comcast $100/mo, so be kind. Thanks!!

My Setup:
ā€“Tablo Quad wired to Nighthawk X6 R8000 Router
ā€“Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 4TB HD (1TB filled)
ā€“x5 Roku 3 Model 4230X v7.0 build 9021 (1-wired to router, 4-5G from excellent to good signal).

My Tablo and HD are kept at 80 degrees with a component cooling rack (thanks coolerguys) and I record at HD 1080-8 MBPS. I have 2 teens so all 4 tuners are regularly in action!

Could be because my setup is relatively new, but I have only had rare LPW issues and recent slow initial loads of up to 50 seconds. I have had Roku reboots maybe once every few days, but more with Netflix than Tablo. My first month on Tablo, I went from a Mohu Leaf to a Clearstream 4v antenna because I had too many missed scheduled recordings when the signal wasnā€™t strong enough (error weak signal)- but the Clearstream mounted in my garage has been crystal with the farthest antenna at over 50 miles.

I was updating from 2.2.6. My download of 2.2.8 was less than a minute, and the update (while blue light was blinking) was less than 10 minutes (although my iPhone Tablo app never showed the update was complete so I gave it a good hour).

I verified my Tablo was at 2.2.8 by pulling up the Tablo channel on my wired Roku 3. I have been running multiple tvs (wired and 5G) all morning, FF and RW, with no LPW or reboots. Now my loads of live stations and recordings are less than 10 seconds. My Tablo rocks!!

If you havenā€™t updated yet, maybe this will give you hope. For those who are still experiencing issues -hang in there- when everything works, it is really good! Iā€™ll update if I run into any issues as we put the system through its paces. I hope this helped someone.

8 Likes

Notice the third device named in that sequenceā€¦ :smiling_imp:

1 Like

@TabloTV I would like to be added to your Beta list if possible. Iā€™m an ITPRO of 20+ years and a Tablo user for over a year. I can test on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Windows 10, Android Phone, and Android Tablet. Will do what I can to help you guys figure out this Roku rebooting problem!

@rh24 - Shoot the support team a note and they can get you added: http://bit.ly/1w8BrBw

I have done many reboots. It has corrected the slow ff, but I still have some lpw and Roku crashing .

On it. Thanks.

What improvement has 2.2.8 made for you?

Suggest you give Nexus player a shot. Game changer for me. Seems 90% of the gripes here pertain to roku compatibility issues and trying to decern where the fault lies. There ARE alternatives. If youā€™re in a bad marriage you move on.

1 Like

Thatā€™s giving ā€œrebootā€ a new meaningā€¦

2 Likes