NEW - Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.6

You don’t have to install it right away, though you will be notified about the firmware being available until you do install it.

Yes, the loading… Issue is in the 7.x version. It has been in all the betas. The Roku reboot issue is also still in 7.0 (at least it still was in the last beta)

1 Like

Got to love Roku releasing new firmware that is unstable. My Roku 3 Model 4200 reboots consistentl whenever I switch it from a Wired connection to a WiFi connection - been that way for months. They just don’t care (Roku that is).

1 Like

removed by author

1 Like

If the freezing loading screen becomes a major issue for some people you can use the original tablo Roku app as this issue does not happen with that version.

removed by author

xxxx cccc xx cc

Have you seen any upgrades or other changes to the legacy Tablo Roku legacy app since the first version of the Preview app was released? That’s what I am suggesting by “not supported.”

xxxx cccc xx cc

The last note I got from the Roku beta admin is that they were not going to fix the Tablo “loading…” and reboot issues before 7.0 release. There were several of us reporting the issues to them, but it did not seem a priority for roku to fix them.

Excellent…thanks!

Audio sync issues are appearing with 2.2.6 for me in Chrome. Need to check the Roku’s…dashes off to see roku in action… roku’s seem ok. I’ll need to play around with other browsers, but for now, there appears to be a significant audio sync drift issue in Chrome on Win 7 64 bit with 2.2.6.

Is this on live TV or recordings? Is it seen on all channels?

I have the firmware update, but think I will wait a bit to install it. Everything is work pretty well right now, so I can wait.

-Rodger

Hi Sorry for the lack of detail. It was with Live TV.

Tx. We’ll check this out. In the meantime, keep us posted if this continues on all channels.

FYI - There is a fix for this working its way to your Roku as of now.

And based on trying it for 15 minutes, it seems to have solved the problem! Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, more testing has revealed that this audio sync/drift issue is (I think) limited to one provider. The channels in question are 5.1 and 5.2 (Raleigh/Durham, NC area). This is the local CBS affiliate. I suppose I need to see if the channel is doing that on its own and the Tablo is innocent…

Update Additional testing indicates it is the client in Chrome Version 46.0.2490.71 m with the 5.1/5.2 channel in particular. The Roku’s are just fine with the same channel and Chrome seems to be fine with other channels. In addition, Firefox does not display the issue (similar to Roku).

Kinda weird.

Is it out of sync on a regular TV?

-Rodger